which is best

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepingiant

Premium Subscriber
i have now a gre psr 500 scanner that seems not to working very well
i have been looking at new ones but which to choose the uniden digital trunk tracking portable or the whistler ws 1065
what i am looking for is ease of use and the programming of frequencies as well as overall quality and performance right now i use the arc 500 program to set frequencies in my gre
any advice would be greatly appreciated

arjay1

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I use a PSR500. I use the PSREdit500 software to program the scanner. It is very useful, works great for downloading from Radio Reference and allows you to populate the V-scanner folders. The county I live in has both a P-25 trunk system and an analog Motorola system. the PSREdit500 program sets things up well as I use the "Download From Radio Reference" feature. The program is offered with a free 30-day trial, then it's $35. Give it a try before you give up on the PSR-500.

troymail

Silent Key
Many factors to consider --

what do you listen to?
  • conventional
  • analog trunked
  • digital trunked
  • P25 (Phase1 or Phase 2?)
Do you need/want a keypad to permit allow for programming through the radio itself or programming via software sufficient (as you seem to indicate).

The PSR500 is a handheld - the 1065 is a base/mobile. Which type of you looking for?

How good are your eyes (Uniden handheld display can be hard to read for some).

No one can really tell you what is best for YOUR needs. Consider the details of what you need. Then folks can help provide pros and cons and then you can weigh one over the other.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
If you don't need digital, the PSR-310 handheld is on Ebay for $130 & free shipping. I own 4, PSR-410s, the base/mobile version of the 310. Great scanner with great software programming options.

KW4HKY

Premium Subscriber
i have now a gre psr 500 scanner that seems not to working very well
i have been looking at new ones but which to choose the uniden digital trunk tracking portable or the whistler ws 1065
what i am looking for is ease of use and the programming of frequencies as well as overall quality and performance right now i use the arc 500 program to set frequencies in my gre
any advice would be greatly appreciated
Define not working well

Status
Not open for further replies.