Which Software??

Which of software if better?

• Win 500

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • or the other one dont know the name sorry.

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsvm2005

Ok I just got my new GRE-500 Yesterday its brand new and I am excited about it. I used to have the pro-106 about a year ago but sold it since it was to complicated to program. This time I learn and went with the GRE-500 that comes with the USB cable.

Now my problem is that I have been readin everywere in this website and found that theres 2 softwares for the scanner, I need to know which one is easier to use and is better? Cant remember the name i think one is Win500? Anyways also if someone could direct me to there website and what is the cost of each one of the software. I am not that advance on the scanning I previously had the Pro-97 Scanner which was cool but wanted to hear DPS in my area, also other stations that are changing to Digital.

Basically to wrap up Which software is better and easy to use? And what is the cost of each one of them?
And if theres anything that I am missing on the software.

Thank you very much

Dsvm2005

bkantor

Software for GRE-500 or Pro-106

Both software packages are good, but my personal preference is Win500 - extremely easy to use, pretty intuitive. In either case, spend the $ to join Radio Reference ($15 for 6 months, or $30 per year) - with Win500 and RR, I was able to select the systems I wanted and download them to the scanner in about 5 minutes!! Programming either radio is a chore and frankly after years of hand programming scanners, it is a pleasure to have the computer do it for you. It wasn't bad in the old days of 10 channel scanners, but now with all the trunking input, talk groups, LCN channels, etc, you need alot of time and patience to do it the old fashioned way.
Either way you go, enjoy - the radio is awesome!

Bob

cfr301

We have had these SILLY Polls before, this one however is the MOST prejudice poll I've Ever seen LOL!!

Each software has its pros and cons They all have free trials try them then pick the one you want to purchase. I have Both ARC 500 and Win500 I use Win 500 the most.

dsvm2005

with the win500 do you get free updates if they become available. Or does any of them offer that?

Thank you very much

Dsvm2005

kelltara

Premium Subscriber
Try them all, I tend to like psredit and wish I bought that one. I bought the arc500 and it won't open or save v-folders and I asked about it last april, but no updates address those issues as of yet. Arc500 also will not work with importing data from the cd rom reference database.
Both these are easily done with psredit and i will be buying that shortly to replace my arc500. We all have to live and learn. I do like the interface of arc500 but function is more important.

dsvm2005

Thank you very much for the input so far i have been using the win500 and its not that hard to use its going smooth. I love it so far. Will see at the end of the 30days see what happens.

Again thank you all

dsvm2005

By the way it is to much easier having the software than programming it manually. 100 times easier recommended to everyone that has the awesome scanner psr-500 to get the software. It will be worth the pay after the 30days. :) :)

doug408

Re: best software

I've been very happy with PSREdit500. It's fairly priced, meets my needs and is intuitive. Mike has always gone well beyond the call of duty to address any questions/problems/suggestions in a prompt, friendly and professional way. Free updates have been readily available and easy to install. I've had very little reason to consider alternatives given how well this has worked for me.

mkoronka

I agree with that. I had PSREdit 500 well before I was able to afford the new R/S-106/197. Without having a scanner to see what results I would get as I was working with the software Mike always had the time to answer the questions that I had. It is a great and easy to use program and I do not hesitate at all to recommend it. Thanks Mike!

Status
Not open for further replies.