Whistler EZ-Scan and RR Premium Benefit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Pulled the trigger and got a RR Premium Subscription.

My question:
Can I download the RR 'CSV' file, open Excel, do all the channel and talkgroup editing including purging the unwanted goods in Excel, same as a CSV file, and then somehow import that modified CSV file into EZSCAN for use in a 1080 or a TRX-1 ??

Otherwise, I don't see what the advantage of having a RR premium membership unless it can be used for much simpler modifications of the data? Am I missing the boat here somewhere?

John

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
You get to listen to up to 180 days of recordings via broadcastify.

N8IAA

My question:
Can I download the RR 'CSV' file, open Excel, do all the channel and talkgroup editing including purging the unwanted goods in Excel, same as a CSV file, and then somehow import that modified CSV file into EZSCAN for use in a 1080 or a TRX-1 ??

Otherwise, I don't see what the advantage of having a RR premium membership unless it can be used for much simpler modifications of the data? Am I missing the boat here somewhere?

John

Unless you need to program a non-SD card scanner, use the FCC search function for active frequencies, and sell something in the For Sale forum, no.

There are weekly updates for Uniden and Whistler SD card scanners that can be uploaded to the scanner. All functions that you want to do, can be done in EZScan.

I still can program my non-SD card scanners and SD card scanners via software even though I'm not a paid member. I've found that most changes can be manually entered into the software if needed.

It's up to you in the end to pay or not.

JMTCW,
Larry

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Also one of the benefits of membership is that you can save all your local counties and systems as a favorite and then you will get a list on the home page of when the county or system is updated. If it hightlights green, then it was updated within the last 24 hours, and if it highlights yellow, then it was updated within the last 7 days. That's one of the main reasons why I have a paid membership.

budevans

Yes you can download CSV files.

My question:

John

For Trunked Radio Systems, YES. At the top of any page click on LOGIN, enter your username and password.

Next, look just below the LOGIN area, you will see Home - Databases - Live Audio - etc..

Click on Databases - your State - your County. Scroll to the bottom of the listings and you'll find the Trunked Radio Systems listed.

Click on the system you want. At the top of page you will see Downloads and Reports. Click on it. You will see a list of Predefined Reports in CSV or PDF format for Talk Groups and Sites & Frequencies.

Click on the Icon (excel csv or pdf) to download.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
RR Premium

I use the Premium for a couple of older scanners that I could retire, but I also see it as helping keep RR financially healthy.

troymail

Silent Key
The primary advantage for a premium account is to be able to download and program scanners that don't have that function built in as part of their design... but even then, it isn't required. I've used cut and paste and other means to program non-SD card scanners for years.

I only recently upgraded (after many, many years) to allow me to help others with problems getting their radios programmed. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have the upgrade.... just don't need it.

DJ11DLN

I use the Premium for a couple of older scanners that I could retire, but I also see it as helping keep RR financially healthy.
Same here. There's an incredible amount of info here and a ton of people who are willing to help with any reasonable radio/electronics related questions. It's cheap for the price and I'll most likely keep if even if my non-SD scanners go down the road.

Is there a way to take the CSV file that you've modified and 'paste' it back into Whistler's EZ-SCAN software? EZ-SCAN isn't very user-friendly on allowing Excel type features of block cut/paste/delete, etc...

troymail

Silent Key
Is there a way to take the CSV file that you've modified and 'paste' it back into Whistler's EZ-SCAN software? EZ-SCAN isn't very user-friendly on allowing Excel type features of block cut/paste/delete, etc...

If a list of conventional frequencies, you can copy the cells from Excel to the clipboard and then do an import into EZ Scan from the clipboard.

You can import from a file also.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Imagine if EZScan allowed us to put RR Premium credentials into it which then unlocked the ability to export csv out of EZScan and manipulate to our hearts content?

Because I don't need Premium currently with EZScan, as many mentioned above. Come on RR and Whistler, some of us will pay to be able to export out of EZScan and manipulate in Excel vs the monstrosity of EZScan.

Status
Not open for further replies.