Not open for further replies.
NOWHERE does it say ANYTHING about accepting
only GRE scanners for trade-in.

this is what it actually says:

a trade in program that will give
a discount off of the purchase of a
new Whistler scanner when you trade in
a scanner of any brand.

It's easy to see how rumors are started on the web.

Doesn't matter in the slightest if the answer to support is going to be the trade in program as so far it seems.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I've been watching this thread with some interest, as well, and have been discussing this situation with our repair team. Effective immediately, Uniden will offer repair services for GRE scanners at a flat rate of $49.50 + $10 shipping. We will be unable to replace custom parts (case parts, LCD, some custom ICs) but the vast majority of repairs involve common parts and should be no problem to fix at our facilities.

To initiate a repair, use our standard submission process at:
Product Repair

SCPD

QRT
I've been watching this thread with some interest, as well, and have been discussing this situation with our repair team. Effective immediately, Uniden will offer repair services for GRE scanners at a flat rate of $49.50 + $10 shipping. We will be unable to replace custom parts (case parts, LCD, some custom ICs) but the vast majority of repairs involve common parts and should be no problem to fix at our facilities.

To initiate a repair, use our standard submission process at:
Product Repair

Upman? Will Uniden also have a trade in program?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
CPU: Possibly, depending on the model.
SPEAKER: Likely.
Keypad: Not likely. Keypads are custom parts.

kc8dhx

Premium Subscriber
UPMAN I think you just convinced me to buy a BCD536HP. I want to know more about the trade-in program as I have a "few" scanners I can part way swith!

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
UPMAN I think you just convinced me to buy a BCD536HP. I want to know more about the trade-in program as I have a "few" scanners I can part way swith!

Where does he mention a trade-in program???

kc8dhx

Premium Subscriber
I could have sworn you answered the question of a trade-in as a possiblity but I've been know to see things ;)

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin

kc8dhx

Premium Subscriber
Thanks I get that, and have been following this closely but I thought I saw a response to:
Upman? Will Uniden also have a trade in program?
Saying it was a being explored but that post seems to have diapered.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We did consider such a program several years ago, but I don't ever recall discussing it outside of the building. Was proposed by someone who had little experience w/scanner market and did not realize that most hang on to every scanner and repurpose them (use old analog for aircraft/amateur monitoring, etc.) He couldn't imagine why someone would need more than 1 scanner. :) :) Wasn't an idea I ever really supported...if you really wanted to get rid of a scanner you could just sell it on eBay and get more for it than pretty much anything we could offer as a trade-in credit.

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber

I took the question in post 26 as a lighthearted joke. Based upon the kind offer of Upman regarding repairs, I thought the trade-in program referred to those who would now like to trade in their GREs for Unidens! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.