whistler trx2

buzzbybabe

Premium Subscriber
Hi All, having a little problem with my tx2, when I connect the programming cable it is showing up as usb drive e, so it is not recognising the scanner which should come up as TRX2, I cannot use the whistler software as it is recognising the sd card as in usb drive e, Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hi All, having a little problem with my tx2, when I connect the programming cable it is showing up as usb drive e, so it is not recognising the scanner which should come up as TRX2, I cannot use the whistler software as it is recognising the sd card as in usb drive e, Thanks
Is the scanner on or off? It should be off for programming. That said, it is much faster and more accurate if you remove the SD card from the scanner and using an adapter program it through the computer directly.

Finally, it might help if you reinstall the driver for the scanner, the drivers are on the Whistler Download Page for the TRX-2

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
That is the way it works, the drive/card will be whatever name you give it. As long it is the "drive" for that scanner, you can copy the configuration to it...if want to rename it, go into windows and change it under this pc and right clicking on the drive, select rename.

buzzbybabe

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the replies,will take your advice, also, I have the whistler 1088 and the volume is way too low, turning the volume knob doesnt seem to make any difference. Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the replies,will take your advice, also, I have the whistler 1088 and the volume is way too low, turning the volume knob doesnt seem to make any difference. Thanks

The WS1088 doesn't have a volume "knob", the knob on the top adjusts the squelch. The volume is controlled by using the up/down arrows on the front display.

wtp

Volume Settings Controls the speaker and headphone volume in the scanner. Default is 20.
Speaker
Scanner Press
vol%20dn.png
/▼ or
vol%20up.png
/▲ to select Mute, 1-30, or MAX.
Software General Settings > Volume Settings > Speaker- Mute, 1-30, or Max.
Headphone (software only)
General Settings > Volume Settings > Headphone- Mute, 1-30, or Max.
that was from the easy to read" manual

so that makes this one the hard to read manual