Who's going Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshw008

I am curious to know if and when the area I live in will ever go digital and no longer have analog. Where would I find this information?

TXWARN Analog is what they are on now.

The following areas I was curious about going digital one day,

Pasadena, La Porte, Deer Park, TEXAS, (Harris County)

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
TxWARN is proceeding to all digital P25.

That being said, I think your area is in some of the later expansion phases, so I would expect to see it in the coming years.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Seeing as how they just completed rebanding the analog system I wouldn't expect to see a wholesale transition to the 700 P25 system for at least another 1-2 years. Pasadena could presumably pony up their own money for a 700 P25 transition whenever they want since they're a "system partner" (they owned their own independent systems at one time but merged with the county in 2005.) The best heads-up for that would be budget discussions for "radio system upgrades" in the City Council meetings. Furthermore, don't be surprised if Pasadena PD encrypts most or all of their radio traffic when the transition eventually comes.

Since you live in the Stink you should probably subscribe to the Houston Scan Yahoo group. Updates and info for the greater Houston area are a little more timely there than on Radio Reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.