Why the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/25/htc-hd2-review/
Hands On With The HTC HD2 - Reviews by PC Magazine
YouTube - HTC HD2 review - part 1 of 2

Don't know if anyone follows the smartphone competition the iPhone has brought about since it's onset, but I loosely follow it and have been patiently waiting for this beast to come to a US network soon(hopefully Sprint). Why is it that we in the US always have to wait to get good phones or never get them at all, as was the case with the original HD.

I'm currently running the HD2 ROM on my touch diamond, and I can say it is nice. A lot better than the older versions of TouchFlo3d.

Last edited:

mikepdx

Why is it that we in the US always have to wait to get good phones or never get them at all, as was the case with the original HD.

One reason, Money.
The US market is so HUGE, it takes a long time for the deal making to be settled.
A lot of it's about how the humongous profits are going to be split up.

As far as some products never making to to this market.
Someone, somewhere, for some reason, decided not to take the risk,
and put their capital into something they believed to be more lucrative.

Last edited:

rckydenver

Well I guess it's official, coming to T-mobile. HTC HD2 officially coming to T-Mobile | CES 2010 - CNET

Also looks like Google coming out with there phones now call Nexus One. I was on the Verizon wireless forum website the other day and they where hoping that they where going to get it, but look like either T-Moble or Verizon. Of course the Verizon forums where calling it the Driod 2.

I agree with you Astrak wish that Sprint would have something in the works for an good Android phone. My Instinct is out dated. Seen where AT&T has more phones coming out too.

Here the link for Nexus One.

Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.

Astrak

Also looks like Google coming out with there phones now call Nexus One. I was on the Verizon wireless forum website the other day and they where hoping that they where going to get it, but look like either T-Moble or Verizon. Of course the Verizon forums where calling it the Driod 2.

I agree with you Astrak wish that Sprint would have something in the works for an good Android phone. My Instinct is out dated. Seen where AT&T has more phones coming out too.

Here the link for Nexus One.

Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.
Droid is great, but it's no WinMo....at least not yet. For all the hate WinMo gets it is a great OS regardless. Nexus has a the same processor as the HD2 which will make it almost a PC type smartphone but Android still has some let downs that WinMo can do better at.

mancow

Database Admin
I recently went from win mob 6.1 on an HTC touch pro to Android on a Droid (both on Verizon).

I would never go back.

The biggest hang up for me so far has been the lack of Flash but that's supposed to be on the way.

Last edited:

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Sprint will be getting a version of the HD2 but it will be running Android rather than WinMo.

HTC Supersonic

I currently have a Palm Pre and love it, but I may be taking a serious look at this when I'm up for an upgrade in June.

Last edited:

rckydenver

Astrak

Looks like Sprint will be getting a version of the HD2 but it will be running Android rather than WinMo.

HTC Supersonic

I currently have a Palm Pre and love it, but I may be taking a serious look at this when I'm up for an upgrade in June.
Yeah, looks like it's gonna be one nice phone and supposedly to ship with the newest release of Android. Anybody living in a WiMax area tried it out yet? Oh and it's an OLED screen which look great.

The Tmobile version running WinMo will come to the US with a bump up in specs from 588mb of ROM to 1gig and 16gig internal storage and external SD card slot ready for 32gig SD cards. Seems like the HD2 will be ready for an upgrade to WinMo7.

Status
Not open for further replies.