win 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CSE

having trouble importing a Missouri town....Raytown Mo....it's a Hybird system...it does not show up after importing ...is there something I'm doing wrong?...do I manualy put in the freq's in order?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
well I hit import...and it import's.....but it does not show up on the page...my p25 shows up ...but the hybrid system does not
OK, I see what's happening (I think).

When I imported it the first time, I un-checked "CC only" and it imported.
But if I leave that checked, to only import the control channels, it imports nothing, because on the database page for that system, none of the frequencies are designated as either a Primary or Alternate control channel.

Try the import without "CC only" (control channel only) selected & see if you get that same result.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Weird

having trouble importing a Missouri town....Raytown Mo....it's a Hybird system...it does not show up after importing ...is there something I'm doing wrong?...do I manualy put in the freq's in order?

While browsing today, I ran across your thread. Since you were having trouble importing this city in Missouri, I attempted to import the system myself. I was surprised about what I did not find, the TSYS.

When I downloaded the system into scan list one, there was no TSYS. When I went to "all objects" in Win500, it showed no TSYS for this system; however, the talk groups were there.

I don't have an explanation for this. But, it does not appear to be something you failed to do. This might be some flaw in the RR DB.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Great Catch

OK, I see what's happening (I think).

When I imported it the first time, I un-checked "CC only" and it imported.
But if I leave that checked, to only import the control channels, it imports nothing, because on the database page for that system, none of the frequencies are designated as either a Primary or Alternate control channel.

Try the import without "CC only" (control channel only) selected & see if you get that same result.

Thanks for your information. I was scratching my head as well.

KC0CSE

ok I will try that....thanks for your help....Mike

YEP it worked!!!!!! I would of never thought to look there and see the CC....many thanks from Missouri....I love Texas my daughter lives in Austin....best to you....Mike

P.S. Is this fix listed in the WIN500 area anywhere?

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ok I will try that....thanks for your help....Mike

YEP it worked!!!!!! I would of never thought to look there and see the CC....many thanks from Missouri....I love Texas my daughter lives in Austin....best to you....Mike

P.S. Is this fix listed in the WIN500 area anywhere?
What you might want to do, is, after scanning the system for a while, go ahead & submit what control channel(s) you are seeing.

I don't recall seeing that noted, but then I haven't really searched for it either. There isn't a specified documentation/help file for Win500 other than the user created UtahRadio Wiki page. I just stumbled across it; since there were no control channels "tagged", I unchecked that option my first import attempt, and didn't think anything more about it, till you said "still not working". So, I re-tried using that option & got your same result, then put the two things together.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
fyi

Just on a hunch, I tried importing that Raytown TRS in PSREdit, to see if it behaved like Win500.

If I selected "control channels- primary & alternates", it does not import.

But, if I select "all system frequencies", it does. So it may be not just the way the software is set-up, otherwise, I'd think at least one of them would say "Hey Dummy! We ain't got no stinkin' control channels". It may actually be the way the RadioRef web service responds to queries from the software, & the way the software reacts, when there are no designated control channels.

In FreeScan (for the Uniden's), if I select 'only download control channels', it will still import the system data (including talkgroups), but not any of the site frequencies since none are tagged as control channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.