Win93 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am reprograming my 2053 using Win93.

I downloaded from the Scanner to Win96, now how do I save? I must be doing something wrong because I went to file and tried both save and save as and it is not saving. When I exit it tells me that info is not saved.

Thanks

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I don't know what you can be doing wrong. It's very simple for me, I hit save as, and type in a filename, and hit save. It *should* work.

E-Man

Banned
Thanks for the reply, I tried it again and now it works?

Been having problems With Win 93 with new laptop running XP Media Center and using GRE USB cable, had to run software twice to get it to work and having to change com port to 4, then Win93 crashed during first download.

Hopefully no more problems, seems to be working better.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
E-Man said:
Thanks for the reply, I tried it again and now it works?

Been having problems With Win 93 with new laptop running XP Media Center and using GRE USB cable, had to run software twice to get it to work and having to change com port to 4, then Win93 crashed during first download.

Hopefully no more problems, seems to be working better.
Well at least you know it works, and the problem isn't more than an annoyance. :)

Grog

Banned
I've had win93 crash a few times on my laptop as well. I just switched to useing my serial cable equpped home and work desktops, plus i'm almost completely converted over to the win97 scanners.

E-Man

Banned
Just got done reprograming my Pro-2053 with Win93, no more crashes or problems with GRE USB cable. Everything seems to be working well now.

Is there a way to print my banks? I didnt see any print options.

Now it is tempting to pick up a Pro-93, knowing I can just clone it in a matter of minutes.

Grog

Banned
You can save it as a text document, but it's not real pretty :D

If I ever get rid of my 93, I'll keep you in mind. I'm still planning on keeping it as a backup for storms & such. I have two 2053s and they were a great combo, but I've upgraded to a 97 & two 2055s.

E-Man

Banned
I havent really looked at either the 97 or the 2055, (I kind of told myself that I was not going to buy anymore non digital scanners) what features do you like over the 93/2053 for you to upgrade?

Grog

Banned
E-Man said:
I havent really looked at either the 97 or the 2055, (I kind of told myself that I was not going to buy anymore non digital scanners) what features do you like over the 93/2053 for you to upgrade?

Hmmm, I'm not sure where to start..........

Metal case for mobile installs (I had one of my 2053s on the dash, and the top softened enough to sag about half an inch where the speaker is from the heat & sun). It still works fine, but if you look closly, you can see it's not perfect anymore LOL

Backlighting is adjustable, and the amber looks better at night (to me).

Backlit keypad is really nice when mobile at night as well.

LTR trunking (although I don't need it yet, it's good to have).

100 channels per bank lets me program two different areas in each bank. I can have County "A"s motorola system (freqs & talkgroup IDs) in the area from Ch 000 to 050, then County "B"s conventional freqs in Ch 051-099. With the locking out & locking of the wanted freqs, I can switch between them, depending on which way I'm headed that day.

CTCSS/DCS decoding. Several freqs are used by multiple counties, so I can now keep out the users I don't want to hear.
Control Channel percentage display. This lets me try different antennas, as well as different mounting spots.

16 character display VS. 12. It's smaller, but for me, It's easier to see as well as allowing more information to be displayed.

Signal Stalker

Motorola Trunking system System ID decoding.

If i can think of anything else, I'll let you know. It took a lot for me to switch from my 2053s & 93 combo, but the features were enough for me.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
If i can think of anything else, I'll let you know. It took a lot for me to switch from my 2053s & 93 combo, but the features were enough for me.
I found the transition quite easy. The only thing that I found difficult was having to look at the attunuator, priority, and delay options always on the screen. If you remember the 93/2053 series only showed these options when you selected them. It was annoying at first to always see these on the screen of my 2055, but I got used to it. I'm kind of a "neat freak". :)

E-Man

Banned
Looks like a nice Scanner, it has alot of nice features.

I could use 100 channels as 30 just doesnt get it, and the Signal Stalker thats just to cool especially in a handheld. Metal Case, I hope this is the new standard again.

In my area, (as far as I know) there is not alot of Trunking that is not Digital, so for that reason I cant justify upgrading, and I like my display on my 2053 better than my 2096.

But it is a nice scanner, and I think a value with all the features, I think the 2053 was 100.00 more than the 2055. When the 2053 first came out I was disapointed that it didnt have the scroll knob like the 2042 and I passed on it, I finally picked one up about 3 years ago and today it is one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.