Win96 Key Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

I have downloaded the free trial version of WIN 96. I love the program and plan to buy it. When I get the key from Starrsoft, can I use it on any computer? I have a computer at work and one at home. I would like to have both computers be able to use the Win96 software.
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Yes I believe you can. Since you will have a registered key, all you need to do is download the program on the 2nd computer, and input your key, and you should be good to go. :)

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I second the motion that you can in fact use Win96 on more than one computer...I have it on 2 different laptops that I use....even have a copy on a thumbdrive so I can use it anywhere I go :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I use win97 on four different computers. Laatop, home, work, and my G/F's as well (I know, that's bad :wink: )

SPERT20906

I have not recived my key from Don Starr & my dad mailed him a check a few months [may] a go so is he on vacation or something?

Thanks

Dad & I gave him my e-mail address

Bob

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
SPERT20906 said:
I have not recived my key from Don Starr & my dad mailed him a check a few months [may] a go so is he on vacation or something?

Thanks

Dad & I gave him my e-mail address

Bob
Check with your dad and see if the check cleared the bank first. If so then contact Don via email, see his web site.

SPERT20906

KCChiefs9690 said:
Yes I believe you can. Since you will have a registered key, all you need to do is download the program on the 2nd computer, and input your key, and you should be good to go. :)

thanks, will do that & bless you.

Bob

Last edited:

SPERT20906

loumaag said:
Check with your dad and see if the check cleared the bank first. If so then contact Don via email, see his web site.

Dad wanted me to e-mail him because dad think he forgot to include my e-mail address, so I e-mailed him with the right address.

Bob

SPERT20906

loumaag said:
So it sounds as if it never got there.

Or it got there but he did not cash it yet, is there a way to tell? Because this is sad that people send things & they never get it, & then we are without.

Thanks

Bob

-------------------------------------------------------------

I talked to dad & he told me he does not know if he got it or it got lost in the mail, so I e-mailed him again as well as going to his web page & he has a section about problems & there was 1 person who had problems & it was not me.

Last edited:

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
KE4ZNR said:
you can in fact use Win96 on more than one computer...I have it on 2 different laptops that I use....even have a copy on a thumbdrive so I can use it anywhere I go
Yep, likewise here. Win96 and Win92 both installed on two desktops and my laptop, as well as on a thumbdrive, so I never have to be without it.

In all four places, within the two program folders I have subfolders in which I keep updated copies of all my .spg and p96 files.

If you use more than one of those Win programs (-92, -93, -95, -96) be sure to also install his WinXX Data Converter, so you can convert the files between the different program formats. It doesn't indicate if it's compatible with Win97 or Win99... anybody know?

And when you DO get the Keycode, be absolutely positively sure to copy it and print it out in several places in case your machine crashes, you get a new computer, whatever. Don spends hours every week trying to retrieve peoples' "lost" keys. As he says on his website,

"When you register, you will be issued a unique key that will allow Win96 to run past its 30-day trial period. DO NOT LOSE THIS KEY. You will need it any time you wish to install Win96 (new computer, new operating system, computer crash, etc.). In many cases, we can re-issue a registration key upon emailed request, but this is not guaranteed and may not get you a prompt response."

SPERT20906

hmarnell said:
Yep, likewise here. Win96 and Win92 both installed on two desktops and my laptop, as well as on a thumbdrive, so I never have to be without it.

In all four places, within the two program folders I have subfolders in which I keep updated copies of all my .spg and p96 files.

If you use more than one of those Win programs (-92, -93, -95, -96) be sure to also install his WinXX Data Converter, so you can convert the files between the different program formats. It doesn't indicate if it's compatible with Win97 or Win99... anybody know?

And when you DO get the Keycode, be absolutely positively sure to copy it and print it out in several places in case your machine crashes, you get a new computer, whatever. Don spends hours every week trying to retrieve peoples' "lost" keys. As he says on his website,

"When you register, you will be issued a unique key that will allow Win96 to run past its 30-day trial period. DO NOT LOSE THIS KEY. You will need it any time you wish to install Win96 (new computer, new operating system, computer crash, etc.). In many cases, we can re-issue a registration key upon emailed request, but this is not guaranteed and may not get you a prompt response."

I made a C:\SCANNER directory for mine when I get mine as well as putting it in my scanner book.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
SPERT20906 said:
Or it got there but he did not cash it yet, is there a way to tell? Because this is sad that people send things & they never get it, & then we are without.

Thanks

Bob

-------------------------------------------------------------

I talked to dad & he told me he does not know if he got it or it got lost in the mail, so I e-mailed him again as well as going to his web page & he has a section about problems & there was 1 person who had problems & it was not me.
The easiest solution (in hindsight) was to pay electronically across the net. This usually results in your Key being delivered to your inbox before you can finish closing the order screen. That said, you are taking the only action available to you, get in contact with Don and see what he has to say.

SPERT20906

loumaag said:
The easiest solution (in hindsight) was to pay electronically across the net. This usually results in your Key being delivered to your inbox before you can finish closing the order screen. That said, you are taking the only action available to you, get in contact with Don and see what he has to say.

Dad wanted to do it this way for some reason.

Thanks, I checked it site & then e-mailed him. There is a page where he has a thing on problems people are having but nothing on mine, but I copied your message to dad & will see what he says.

Bob

SPERT20906

SPERT20906 said:
Dad wanted to do it this way for some reason.

Thanks, I checked it site & then e-mailed him. There is a page where he has a thing on problems people are having but nothing on mine, but I copied your message to dad & will see what he says.

Bob

With all of the Scams dad does not want me to do it by computer, so it looks like we got to go the old fashend way.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.