Win96 Step by step

Status
Not open for further replies.

kn4hh

I am a relatively new WIN96 user. I have not done any seriously programming with it. Now I see that my Pro96 scanner needs to be reprogrammed for the new trunk band plan. Is there a step by step programming guide for accomplishing this.
Thanks,
Bob

kn4hh

Win 96 step by step

Mike, thanks for your post. I found the info. However, I must admit I need additional info to fill in the gaps. I am trying to reporgram the trunks in Fayette County, GA. I had the old frequencies in the Pro 96. I followed the instructrions on using the rebanding radio button. I then uploaded to the Pro 96. When the scanner rebooted, all channels were locked and I could not scan any of the banks. I uploaded the original file and the radio is now back to normal.

I would appreciate any assistance in doing the complete rebanding from start to finish.

73, Bob, KN4HH

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hopefully Don Starr (or someone very familiar with Win96) sees your query - sorry I can't help more. I have no idea why you would be locked out like that. 73 Mike

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
@Bob,

Can you post your .p96 file? Either zip it or change .p96 to .txt and we can look at it.

I have owned the PRO-96 and WIN96, among other R/S and GRE scanners.

kn4hh

Win 96 step by step

Thanks, Jay for your post. I was complicating the process. I didn't realize all I had to do was download the bank data from the Pro 96 and enable the Extended Trunking Table and check 800 rebanding. I saved the modified file, uploaded back to the Pro 96 and all is well. The Wiki tells you how to reband but doesn't specificaly tell you where to imbed the info.

Thanks to all who responded.

73, Bob, KN4HH

Status
Not open for further replies.