TRX-1: windows 10 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianG61UK

There is no unsigned driver as such. The Whistler "driver" you have to use is just a text file that tells Windows which of the standard signed drivers is needed for the scanner. If Windows 10 really needs a text file to be signed that's absurd.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Your problem is either a bad USB cable or the COMPORT driver is not installed properly.

It is irrelevant that you can read the sd card as that has nothing to do with what your trying to accomplish.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Mine has always worked on Windows 10, try a different usb cord if you haven't or check devices in device manager, cuz u should hear something

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
Mine has always worked on Windows 10, try a different usb cord if you haven't or check devices in device manager, cuz u should hear something

my bcd436HP usb cable works, my radio shack cable i use for the 106 works, it's just the TRX1 cable.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
my bcd436HP usb cable works, my radio shack cable i use for the 106 works, it's just the TRX1 cable.

You can interchange the cables it's all the usb Motorola end on it, one separate cable for each scanner isn't necessary, but which ever is easier

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
The more I hear about all the problems with getting basically anything to work with Windows 10 the more I am happy I did not upgrade my computer from Windows 7.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I have 3 computers with Windows 10, works just fine on all 3.

Your lucky...I'm very computer savvy to the point I fix computers for a living. I helped someone setting up a PSR-800 and no matter what I tried we could not get the comport driver to work in win 10 . Ended up doing a restore of windows 7.

WIth that being said those having a problem in windows 10 can set up a windows 7 virtual machine...google it for more info.

TAbirdman

Your lucky...I'm very computer savvy to the point I fix computers for a living. I helped someone setting up a PSR-800 and no matter what I tried we could not get the comport driver to work in win 10 . Ended up doing a restore of windows 7.

WIth that being said those having a problem in windows 10 can set up a windows 7 virtual machine...google it for more info.
We're you using the Ezscan for the 800? If so, you would have to go to whistler ' s faq page for loading the drivers. Whistler 's ezscan was updated a few revs back to get drivers to load in win 10 so you didn't have to use the faq steps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
We're you using the Ezscan for the 800? If so, you would have to go to whistler ' s faq page for loading the drivers. Whistler 's ezscan was updated a few revs back to get drivers to load in win 10 so you didn't have to use the faq steps.

Yes, I was using ezscan for the PSR-800 and this was back in the fall. Just like anything with a PC that is user customized on a daily basis, just because it works for you doesn't mean it will work for someone else.

TAbirdman

Yes, I was using ezscan for the PSR-800 and this was back in the fall. Just like anything with a PC that is user customized on a daily basis, just because it works for you doesn't mean it will work for someone else.
Ezscan for the 800 won't work on its own with win 10 as it will with whistler version of ezscan.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I have 3 computers with Windows 10, works just fine on all 3.

Sorry but I've been seeing post after post in numerous different areas where nothing is working with Win 10.

This thread is just the latest rendition of it.

I'm glad you don't have any problems and I'm not upgrading so I won't have any.

BrianG61UK

Sorry but I've been seeing post after post in numerous different areas where nothing is working with Win 10.

This thread is just the latest rendition of it.

I'm glad you don't have any problems and I'm not upgrading so I won't have any.
I had to fit extra older type USB ports on one of my Windows 7 PC's to get EZ-Scan to talk properly to my WS1088.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.