Yaesu: Wires-X PDN not reading radio ID

rlmurray56

Feed Provider
I have a FTM-300D (with current firmware) and a SCU-56 cable. I have the latest Wires-X software. My PDN was working fine for the past several months. Suddenly, when I open the software, on the bottom left corner of the screen in red "transceiver not responding". I have re-booted computer, re-booted radio, reset the radio, re-installed device drivers, plugged and un-plugged cables, used a USB hub, removed a USB hub and I finally did a reset of the Wires-X software and re-installed. Now , when trying to reactivate my node, the Wires-X software refuses to read the Radio ID serial number. The SCU-56 has been confirmed as good. I'm at a loss.
Suggestions ? Solutions ?

Thanks,
Ron KA7RLM

prima19rider

Premium Subscriber
I had the same problem, Yaesu US and Yeasu Japan were unable to fix the issue. they thought it was with the server in Japan, but as stated was never fixed. I disposed of the radio and uninstalled the software. Several hours and emails with Yaesu not able to fix it. Good luck.

rlmurray56

Feed Provider
Thanks, I'm going to order another cable first, try that, and see if that narrows it down to bad cable or something with the radio. I'm only assuming my current cable is good as it still works with my RT Systems software for data read/write.