Work in Progress : GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

Well, its new work in progress, nothing special, very simple, BC796D on the inside, Larsen Trunk-Lip Mount and two NMO antennas, a MAX8135 800mhz for when i am in the Greater Toronto Area for listening to Toronto Police/EMS/Fire and a Dual-Band for listening to Ontario Fleetnet and other systems when i am out of the GTA. The range is pretty decent, for 800Mhz i get Toronto Police from about 40-50kms from the tower at almost full strength, after that it quickly drops off, I also get the Toronto Fleetnet tower from my house at about 50-60% strength which is once again about 50kms i believe....much better then before anyways....pics are attached

Attachments

• IMG_6679b.jpg
    IMG_6679b.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,098
  • IMG_6683b.jpg
    IMG_6683b.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 1,103
  • IMG_6687b.jpg
    IMG_6687b.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_6690b.jpg
    IMG_6690b.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,089
  • IMG_6691b.jpg
    IMG_6691b.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,068

MetalCarnage

CVPI4Ever said:
Scanner in the back seat? Id say you should re-locate it.

I just set it and go, i dont need to mess around with it, besides, there is literally no where to put it in the front....car has too much of a sport interior, no space up front for it, so it goes in the back....better back there anyways, its very hidden, easily accesible...

BTW, i know my keypad off by heart, and same with banks, i could operate my scanner with a blind fold on....in other words i just reach back and change it if i need too, thats where the height comes in, being almost 6ft 4 i ahve long arms, dont have to reach far, LOL

RESCUE4NFD

GP:Work In Progress

Here's a thought,just take out the driver's bucket seat and extend the steering column,and brake and gas pedels,and drive from the back seat....Nurse, I'm ready for my medication now.......................

MetalCarnage

Rescue4NFD said:
Here's a thought,just take out the driver's bucket seat and extend the steering column,and brake and gas pedels,and drive from the back seat....Nurse, I'm ready for my medication now.......................

LOL, thanks....eventually i will figure out something better, but until then i will just have to deal with it being where it is, with the old car i had lots of options, but not in this car

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
MetalCarnage said:
LOL, thanks....eventually i will figure out something better, but until then i will just have to deal with it being where it is, with the old car i had lots of options, but not in this car

Looks professional man!!! Nice job!

MetalCarnage

firefgtr said:
Looks professional man!!! Nice job!

Thanks...i plan on getting a second mount one of these days and getting a splitter so i can use both antenna's....this will probably wait a while though, have other "mods" to the car to do first performance wise

MetalCarnage

Forgot to mention, the next purchase in plan is one of those Jotto Desk's however i am unwilling to pay what they are asking for as i find it EXTREMELY overpriced for what you are getting.....i would say no more then 130-140 CAD for one of those, 399 CAD is just insane, yes its a nice setup, but it doesnt cost that much to make one, unless they are being hand made or something, LOL

MetalCarnage

hoser147 said:
Your install looks great so does your ride very clean. It works for you without taking away any space in the front seats. Good Scannin hoser147

Yes, clean is the key, i'm a neat freak, as i am sure u can tell just by looking at the pictures....

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
tonsoffun said:
Hey Metal,
Looks cool, that would be weird for me. I know what you mean by leaving it do its thing.
Hey you might want to get something like this, much smaller then the unit if you like.
http://www.scannermaster.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=69
Take care

That's actually a pretty good deal - looks good. BTW Metal, Your setup is nice also btwn seats in the rear. not bad. Just turn a bit and you can adjust, etc. Plusthose of us who monitor everyday know each department and how their dispatchers sound, hence the need or lack of it to view the screen.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.