Would I be able to decode this signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like DMR to me. If you can send an audio recording file I can run it through DSD to make sure.

Are you hearing that in airband like your SDR's display shows in the video? I don't know of any DMR in airband, at least around here, but I could be wrong or It could be some other type of data that just sounds similar to DMR (or maybe an image?).

S

simpilo

Can you record it with windows recorder or Audacity and upload that ? I can download it and and run it through my DSD+ FL and see exactly what it is.

A

Analog-Surf-1963

Sounds like DMR to me. If you can send an audio recording file I can run it through DSD to make sure.

Are you hearing that in airband like your SDR's display shows in the video? I don't know of any DMR in airband, at least around here, but I could be wrong or It could be some other type of data that just sounds similar to DMR (or maybe an image?).

Jet Blue Uses DMR !

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Jet Blue Uses DMR !
Oh yes, lots of ground companies use DMR, but usually in the LMR bands (i.e. 450/460 MHz range). I don't ever recall hearing DMR in the 300 MHz range... usually it's AM with a sprinkling of P25 Military systems.

A

Analog-Surf-1963

Oh yes, lots of ground companies use DMR, but usually in the LMR bands (i.e. 450/460 MHz range). I don't ever recall hearing DMR in the 300 MHz range... usually it's AM with a sprinkling of P25 Military systems.

I saw the video on my I phone so i didnt see you were up in the Mil band
until I saw it on the PC at home.

I live about 10 miles from Otis AFB AKA Joint Base Cape Cod... I get all kinds of stuff on the Mil Air band - Lots of Coast Guard and Air Force Activity there
So look around are there near any military installations or towers - We have an Old Gwen tower in Acushnet MA that is used for some Air Force/Coast guard GPS Booster station some how it corrects military GPS drift... possibly other things...

You found something ... Part of the hobby

Pete N1EXA

scan_madison

Sorry for not responding. I am still trying to find a way to record the audio. WIll post soon. Thanks for the responses so far.

ecps92

USCG to discontinue the DGPS - Acushnet will go silent
NDGPS General Information
DGPS SITE LOCATIONS

I saw the video on my I phone so i didnt see you were up in the Mil band
until I saw it on the PC at home.

I live about 10 miles from Otis AFB AKA Joint Base Cape Cod... I get all kinds of stuff on the Mil Air band - Lots of Coast Guard and Air Force Activity there
So look around are there near any military installations or towers - We have an Old Gwen tower in Acushnet MA that is used for some Air Force/Coast guard GPS Booster station some how it corrects military GPS drift... possibly other things...

You found something ... Part of the hobby

Pete N1EXA

scan_madison

Here's the audio I was able to record using Audacity as suggested:
Audio

FYI, the recording was made outside of US. Sorry if you thought it was a military related comm.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Well, that is 100% DMR for sure. However, I tried playing back the file and running it through DSD, but I couldn't get it to lock onto the signal. It sometimes will decode audio files, but not always for some reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.