If I saw a HT 1250 LS that would say "searching" and randomly show two different repeater site alpha tags come up.. As if it was in range of two repeater sites and automatically seeking the closest..
and the home channel for the system has a idle blip every 3 seconds. and I hear occasional simulcasting of a transmission on 2 different repeater sites.
or is there such thing as this "smartzone" style in another LTR flavor.. just trying to see how I can go about in playing with the LTR decoding utilities - by first identifying the system type...
also, I tried putting the home channel into a BC780XLT and marked the freq as an "L" for LTR trunk mode... it would not spit out ID's during transmissions.. If I recall correctly a regular LTR system would show ID's just by hearing the transmissions.
TIA
and the home channel for the system has a idle blip every 3 seconds. and I hear occasional simulcasting of a transmission on 2 different repeater sites.
or is there such thing as this "smartzone" style in another LTR flavor.. just trying to see how I can go about in playing with the LTR decoding utilities - by first identifying the system type...
also, I tried putting the home channel into a BC780XLT and marked the freq as an "L" for LTR trunk mode... it would not spit out ID's during transmissions.. If I recall correctly a regular LTR system would show ID's just by hearing the transmissions.
TIA