WSP 700 Where did they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortue

Okay so this took some patience.

WSP700 is working fine; however, since they have since modified the sites... you will likely have to reprogram you scanners! Fun fun fun! The band plan for the old 715 system is likely still stuck in your scanner.

When I looked at SDR# and DSD+ there was plenty of traffic on WSP700 Site 201. I then turned on my 996P2 and 325P2. No voice traffic! Wasn't even seeing the TGIDs appear...

My SDS100 was working fine but I had recently wiped it and reprogrammed. The band plan hadn't been written yet for that site.

In my 325P2 and 996P2 I had a single IWN bank -- which had the VHF sites and the 700 Mhz sites. This will still work; however you will need to wipe and reprogram your scanners in order for the newest band plan to take hold.

Master Bunnery Sgt. CParris suggested that the new band plan may (eventually) update in our scanners -- but after leaving my scanner on for at least 15 minutes -- it had not refreshed the band plan. Perhaps it would update after 24 hours..?

I tested my theory by making a new system and entering in the 201 site info. Sure enough there was still no traffic coming through (despite seeing it on DSD+) -- but suddenly, after 3 minutes or so, I had voice traffic once again. With my 325P2, it was even quicker.

So get out there and reprogram your scanners... since we have nothing better to do.

+==SARCASTIC==+
A wee bit 'o help here...

"When I looked at SDR# and DSD+ there was plenty of traffic on WSP700 Site 201"

I'm not finding any info on Site 201. Can you point me in the right direction?

When you refer to "refreshing" your scanner, what exactly does that that look like, and, do I have to use any of my coveted disinfecting wipes?

Thanks in advance

Tortue

A wee bit 'o help here...

"When I looked at SDR# and DSD+ there was plenty of traffic on WSP700 Site 201"

I'm not finding any info on Site 201. Can you point me in the right direction?

When you refer to "refreshing" your scanner, what exactly does that that look like, and, do I have to use any of my coveted disinfecting wipes?

Thanks in advance

OK, now I understand what 201 is referring to.
I've tried deleting the system and reloading it.
No go...
Does anyone else think Sentinel is a royal pain?

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
OK, now I understand what 201 is referring to.
I've tried deleting the system and reloading it.
No go...
Does anyone else think Sentinel is a royal pain?
For trunked systems yes. I've found if I remove a site I can't just re-add an individual site, I have to remove the entire system, re-add it, then remove the sites again that I don't need. If anybody has an easier way I'm all ears too.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
For trunked systems yes. I've found if I remove a site I can't just re-add an individual site, I have to remove the entire system, re-add it, then remove the sites again that I don't need. If anybody has an easier way I'm all ears too.

You shouldn't have to remove anything. You just need to upload your codeplug to the scanner. Just make sure to check the box 'wipe scanner before programming' or something like that...

Tortue

Awesome!
My trusty 436 is back on to the WSP 700 system!
Now, if I can get my Unication G5 back on to the system, I'd be in tall cotton!

Status
Not open for further replies.