• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR XPR 3500 stuck on firware R02.30.21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoblk

I can't update firmware via CPS2.0 due to codeplug being too old and I can't find any firmware packages that will work on CPS 16, is there any workaround to get it to update?

Enoblk

I have the latest CSP 16 and CPS2.0 the problem is the the Firmware packages that are available form Motorola don't work with CPS 16, and the codeplug on the radio is too old for CPS2.0

Tech21

So 2.3 is too old for CPS 2.0 to read. What you need is 2.9 firmware and then once CPS 2.0 can read it, you can then upgrade to the latest firmware. Does the radio have an active SUM license? If not, stick to 2.9 firmware. That's the latest you can upgrade to and still use
CPS 16.

Enoblk

Is there anywhere on Motorola's site that has the older firmware downloads, the oldest I am able to find there is R02.10.10
I am trying to import my companies radios into RM and this one radio on R02.30.21 is unable to read into RM, I'm hoping if I can update it I will be able to read it with RM.

Firebuff880

@Enoblk

Unfortunately, Motorola can not count any better than they can write firmware these days. Despite the apparent information R02.30 is really a vintage 2014 release and should have been labeled R02.03. This release will require you to find "OLD" copies of CPS and the Firmware to jump through on your way to current support. I think it was R02.06 (2016) or maybe it R02.07 2017. That was the bridge.

I do not believe that any of this is on the old MOL or the new myView repositories, and while I have most of the CPS versions archived, I do not believe I have firmware for the 3500 series subscribers, so I can't help you.

As someone else indicated, after you jump forward, you then need to get to R02.10 add ESS/SUM and Then you can get "Current" all the way to M2022.01. But you don't have to be current with firmware to use the current RM / CPS packages as I program R02.09 and R02.10 as well as R1.12.17 subscribers everyday from the M2022.01 builds.

Good Luck --

Enoblk

I talked to Motorola support and they told me to send it in for repair but their repair portal said they no longer support these radios. So I guess I'll search for somebody holding onto the old firmware packages.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
I talked to Motorola support and they told me to send it in for repair but their repair portal said they no longer support these radios. So I guess I'll search for somebody holding onto the old firmware packages.
What firmware are you looking for? I can take a look at what somebody I know has saved to see if it's in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.