• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean83

Hi There

Simple question but I can't seem to figure it out.

I need to know if there can be a scan on/off beep and a nuisance delete beep programmed into these radios. I know it is possible on the HT and CDM series radios but I can't seem to find that alert selection in the motobro programming.

Thanks

K

kk4mei

The beeps will be in the alerts section and you can program a nuisance delete button function in the buttons section.

dean83

Hi there. I know how to program the functions just not the alerts. In my software it only has 4 selections for alerts.

Disable all tones
Escalert tones
Channel free indication tone
Self test pass tone

I can't find anything else.

SCPD

QRT
check for expert mode

Hi there. I know how to program the functions just not the alerts. In my software it only has 4 selections for alerts.

Disable all tones
Escalert tones
Channel free indication tone
Self test pass tone

I can't find anything else.

Not sure if this will help you, I don't have the cps up.
But make sure you're in expert mode, not basic.
Will open up more options.

dean83

Thanks for that tip. While that did open up more options the option for scan and delete alerts still don't exist. I'm wondering of they just don't have that feature. It sure was handy on the old radios.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Go all the way down to where you set up scan and click on that (not any scan list though, above that) and check the box labled Priority Alert (once you've enabled a Priority channel in a scan list). I don't know of any nuisance delete alert though.

dean83

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that is not it either.

Currently when I push the scan button it says "scan on" and then the indicator light flashes yellow. What I am looking for is a tone for the following:

" When Scan is enabled, the LED blinks yellow and you hear
a positive indicator tone.

OR

When Scan is disabled, the LED turns off and you hear a
negative indicator tone."

firefive76

Exactly what moonboots said, make sure your tones aren't disabled and you will hear it. There are tones for both of those functions.

dean83

Thanks. I've checked the saved files for the radios and none have the "disable all tones" checked. All radios still have the power up tone so I would assume that since I am hearing those tones then all tones must be active. I will try hooking back up and refreshing the plug and get back to you.

firefive76

Thanks. I've checked the saved files for the radios and none have the "disable all tones" checked. All radios still have the power up tone so I would assume that since I am hearing those tones then all tones must be active. I will try hooking back up and refreshing the plug and get back to you.

What model?

dean83

Xpr 4550 mobile
Xpr 6550 portable
Xpr 6350 portable (although I can't confirm 100% on this one).

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Just don't disable all tones.
I must rescind my previous thoughts on tones not working. Gary is correct. I went into an XPR 6550 I have at work and using the Utilities menu -> Radio Settings -> Tones/Alerts, I made sure Keypad Tones were enabled and then afterwards, yes there are distinct tones for scan on/off and nuisance delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.