• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL5000 P25 Programming

dryfb

Are you transmitting a talk group? I'll be honest idk much about P25 conventional TGs, especially on Moto but the repeater may require one to open up.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I am able to bring up UHF repeaters with no issue. I checked power levels and they are where they should be. How important is the $ in the NAC? I tried placing it in the CPS but it would not take it…..I will continue plugging along, and also have someone else look at my settings.

Based on that, I'd say your power level is good and it's close enough to being on frequency that it's not an issue for 25kHz analog. Since the P25 is running 12.5KHz, frequency accuracy is a bit more important, but I'd hold off sending it in for alignment right now.

F7E is fine, if that is what the radio wants. That should make the RX side run like analog carrier squelch mode, it should open squelch for any received P25 signal.

Do you know if the repeater owner has it set up to be expecting specific/registered radio ID's?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ Say it, say 'ENCRYPTION'
I am able to bring up UHF repeaters with no issue. I checked power levels and they are where they should be. How important is the $ in the NAC? I tried placing it in the CPS but it would not take it…..I will continue plugging along, and also have someone else look at my settings.
The '$' is simply to indicate that 'F7E' is a Base 16(Hex) number, not a Base 10. The '$' is not entered in the NAC part of the software. Only 3 digits, numbers 0->9, and letter A->F are valid enteries for a NAC. Think of NAC as doing the same job as CTCSS, but instead of ~50 CTCSS tones, there are 4096 valid NAC codes, although a few have very specific uses in the P25 CAI protocol.

Have you set up a Conventional ASTRO System, and a Conventional ASTRO Personality under the respective parts of the codeplug?

Is this repeater using any talkgroups other than the default of 1? If you don't know, you need to find out.

In the Zone/Channel part of the codeplug, Have you selected the ASTRO personality for the specific channel you are trying to program for the P25 repeater?

In the channel you are programming, you need to input the receive frequency, transmit frequency and the correct NAC codes for both transmit and receive. You also have to select your ASTRO personality.