• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts $

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

For a 450-512 Astro Saber or XTS3000, how much would I look on spending? It does not have to be new or any high tech things. It will only be used on a trunked system.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Depending on model (I, II, or III) and flashcode (digital or not) it could set you back anywhere between $400 to $900.00.

fineshot1

Thats about the most desired band split(its known as the S split). It also depends which model(model 1, 2 or 3) The model 1 has no keypad or display. The model 2 has a limited keypad(about 6 buttons and a center rocker button) and a display. The model 3 has a full keypad and a display. I too was searching for a XTS3000 model 2 S split but gave up due to lack of availability and what I would have to pay for one. I settled for a model 3 R split (403 - 470) which I paid about $435 for and that was a very good price. I'm guessing you would pay about 600-800 for one in decent shape and that would be without accessories. If you already have the programing hardware and software and accessories like I do then its just a matter of finding the HT itself. Good luck.....

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
fineshot1 said:
Thats about the most desired band split(its known as the S split).

For some, for many it's useless. A S split might be able to work down to 440, but some of us want 420 all the way to 406 if we are going to spend the cash ;)

Luckily I don't live in the NE or Kali so I do not see a need for anything above 470 for my needs :D

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I bought an XTS3000 Model III several months ago with P25 and the 403-470 split for $400. It is possible to hack the Motorola CPS to allow frequencies higher than the split allows. For receive only I was able to lock onto a frequency as high as 484.4375 without a problem. Of course I have the advantage of owning the Astro CPS software for the XTS3000/Astro Saber. As I use it for amateur radio as well as monitoring, this split suited my needs more than the S split, and with the CPS hack I was able to get the best of both worlds out of it. I'm probably fortunate that the highest T band used in my area is 482-485 MHz.

PeterGV

K1PGV
I bought a nice XTS-3000 model III in the 450-512 S Split a few months back for about $450 (from a very reputable Motorola dealer on the West Coast, even).

Like "scancapecod", but in the opposite direction, I was able to (very easily) hack CPS to accept frequencies down to 440MHz for amateur radio use. Seems to work perfectly.

Just another data point,

Peter
K1PGV

Status
Not open for further replies.