• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts3000 wont tx or rx

RAMCHOPS63

Hey guys. I just got 2 xts3000 mod 2 and 1 mod 3. I programed them but I have no tx or rx even when monitor is on. The red tx lights come on.

I think it's got securenet but near I can tell it's not activated. Radios are not inhibited. Ready to pull my hair out first day with these. I have some experience programming astro spectra and older stuff. But this is irritating.

I have looked through forums and elsewhere and tried all I could find and still nothing. Even when I tried with known working radios on p25 and analog. Wx channels won't even come in or light up the rx light.

Anyone willing to try and spoon feed me to get these working please. Thanks in advance

nokones

Premium Subscriber
If you're willing to email me the codeplug file(s), I'll take a look and see if I can find anything wrong. I have model 2s only and I can try to clone your model 2 codeplug file and verify that it will work in the radio. Let know if I can help.

RAMCHOPS63

Thanks for the offer. Nokones has it. At least I hope it is the correct files. I can send to you too if you'd like.

nokones

Premium Subscriber
Id have no way to test it, Id only beable to look. the only VHFs i have are my xg100p and apx 7000
The Conventional Personalty settings in the Zone/Channel Assignment are incorrect for channels 4-24. Those Channels need to be set for the respective conventional personalties thus on Ch. 4 set the conventional personality setting to #4, Ch 5 to personality #5, and so on all the way to ch. 24 being set to personality #24. Channels 1-3 were properly set with the correct conventional personality settings.

As for the frequency and PL settings in each conventional personality, I am unable to verify that information. I assume that the Channel 1 repeater freq pair is correct because most repeater freq pairs with 159 Meg and either 151 or 154 Megs, the 159 Meg is usually the repeater uplink/input freq.

Last edited:

Asunakiyori

Lurker
The Conventional Personalty settings in the Zone/Channel Assignment are incorrect for channels 4-24. Those Channels need to be set for the respective conventional personalties thus on Ch. 4 set the conventional personality setting to #4, Ch 5 to personality #5, and so on all the way to ch. 24 being set to personality #24. Channels 1-3 were properly set with the correct conventional personality settings.

As for the frequency and PL settings in each conventional personality, I am unable to verify that information. I assume that the Channel 1 repeater freq pair is correct because most repeater freq pairs with 159 Meg and either 151 or 154 Megs, the 159 Meg is usually the repeater uplink/input freq.
psssttt you replied to the wrong person

RAMCHOPS63

Thanks Nokones. I'll look into that after work and check back to let you know if it works. Thanks

RAMCHOPS63

I'm a complete Melvin. Thanks Nokones. That's my trouble. Working now thank you so so much. I really appreciate it sir. Now onto my next issue with trying to read my m1225 😒

nokones

Premium Subscriber
I'm a complete Melvin. Thanks Nokones. That's my trouble. Working now thank you so so much. I really appreciate it sir. Now onto my next issue with trying to read my m1225 😒
Glad to help. Your scan list needs fixing/cleaning up too. One problem is that you have ch. 1 listed three times in the list.

Sorry, I don't have any M1225 resources.