• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000R vs XTS3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemedic449

Im attempting to program my XTS3000R, I have the astro saber software, and my programming cable is a serial port, not usb, im unable to get the radio to program the radio, my computer is windows xp vista compatable, any ideas? Also when I connect the cable to the radio and turn it on it dosent show if the driver is installed or not. Also is there a difference between XTS300R and XTS3000? just need some advice or help or something, thanks.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you're using a com cable with a com port there's no driver. Do you have the correct comport in the cps? Are you comport settings correct in your device manager?

Edit: there's no difference in the 3000 and 3000r just the rugged case

Last edited:

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I would be absolutely terrible at explaining the differences between serial and USB. Essentially the chip in the USB cable does the converting to a language the radio understands (rs232 or similar). Where as the serial port talks directly to the radio. The USB cable requires a driver because of the chip in the cable. That's a horrible explanation and I'm sure someone can explain it better. Serial cables give less issues because of not needing a driver. However not everyone has the luxury of having a com port. Specifically what software are you trying to use to program with? Does the radio do anything at all when you try to read it?

Firemedic449

and no nothing occurs when I try to read the radio, the software says unable to communicate with radio , but the radio does not do anything.

Firemedic449

Ive tired using the same cable I use for MTS2000, I just tried with a USB version of same, Its showing that theres a problem with device, Ive used the same cable to read an XTS1500 with no issues, on the devices and printer setup its giving me Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) error , possible the radio is bad?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking it's a different cable but I may be wrong. I'll have to check. Are you using a genuine moto cable or an aftermarket one?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Bad connection or dirty pins maybe. And all the unplugging and plugging cleaned them up hahaha. Glad it's working.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
The MTS cable is correct for an XTS3000... If you have the cable for the XTS1500 it looks the same but is not and will not work with anything but the ASTRO25 series radios

Status
Not open for further replies.