Yaesu: Yaesu FT-1900r

N9UN

I have 2 Yaseu FT-1900r's that have the same issue. The mic is not working, specifically it is not getting power, it does not light up and the buttons do nothing. Both radios receive and they both will transmit when hooked up to a TNC. The control for the TNC uses the mic port. I do not think it is the radios themselves, but I do not want to purchase 2 new microphones and have it turn out to be the radios. I would appreciate any help or thoughts anyone may have.

FKimble

Two radios doing the same thing, sounds like a setting issue to me. I assumed they are programed the same or similar? Two mike don't just die at the same time. Do you have a friend with the same radio? If so get with them and do some mike swapping to test.

Frank

radiotweester

Lock on the microphone turned on?
or perhaps the radio lock
Are you by chance programming with CHIRP? I've heard odd issues with it vs other software.

1718080496585.png

1718080743355.png

N9UN

A little more info, neither radio has been used for voice in several years. One was set up for packet and the other as a fox hunting transmitter. I do remember one of them not working with the microphone when I last tried a few years ago. This is the one set up for the TNC, which used the mic jack for transmit, it does work for packet.

The mic lock is not on, the radio lock is not on. Both have been programmed manually. I can say that at one time or another the microphones may have been swapped between radios.

radiotweester

I can't see this being 2 radios, but do you have +VDC coming out of the mic? If not this would explain the the mic element, LEDs and DTMF/P# buttons not working. I've used this mic for years on an 8900 and only had a problem with the cord insulation insulation flaking.
This site MIGHT be of use. There's the whole MH-48A6J schematic and mods for it.

1718190860515.png