Yaesu: Yaesu FT-70D programming issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KO4IPV

Has anyone experienced a no programming with the USB failing? That is my issue ! Cannot program my FT-70 using Chirp keeps telling me the USB is not working.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I recommend the RT Systems software. Both Chirp and the OEM Yaesu software flailed. Could not program banks. Only RT has worked. I already had the programming cable from other radios. Do not use Chirp. May damage the radio and void warranty.

KO4IPV

I recommend the RT Systems software. Both Chirp and the OEM Yaesu software flailed. Could not program banks. Only RT has worked. I already had the programming cable from other radios. Do not use Chirp. May damage the radio and void warranty.
Ok I will not use Chirp , Thankyou

KO4IPV

RT System's software is generally excellent. Do you actually have experience with their software for the FT-70?
No only with Chirp and Sentinel software what is RT systems software? Is this something I can download?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator

bill4long

No only with Chirp and Sentinel software what is RT systems software? Is this something I can download?

$30. I use two dozen variants of their software, because it makes it easy for me to manage a lot of different radios, with a lot of frequency/channel overlap. The other user cmdrwill seemed to be implying that RT Systems software was on par with CHIRP. It isn't. It's a lot better. But there is no reason to use RT if the free Yaesu software does the job.

KO4IPV

$30. I use two dozen variants of their software, because it makes it easy for me to manage a lot of different radios, with a lot of frequency/channel overlap. The other user cmdrwill seemed to be implying that RT Systems software was on par with CHIRP. It isn't. It's a lot better. But there is no reason to use RT if the free Yaesu software does the job.
Thanks

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
But there is no reason to use RT if the free Yaesu software does the job.
The free Yaesu software could not program banks on my radio. The software showed that they were there, but they were missing on the radio. No problem with RT Systems. I have a friend that did use the Yaesu software successfully, but there were extra steps involved that were not documented. Since I already had the programming cable, I just downloaded the RT software.

KJ7VTO

Premium Subscriber
Downloaded ADMS-10 from YAESU, installed it successfully. followed procedures to put FT-70 into ADMS mode. Select "get data from FT-70" under communications. I get the blah blah blah screen instructing to put into ADMS mode. select "ok" i keep getting an errorr dialog box that says "invalid com port" Argg!!

Attachments

• adms.JPG
    adms.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 12
  • adms2.JPG
    adms2.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 13
  • adms3.JPG
    adms3.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.