Yaesu: Yaesu FT5D adding a frequancy

emck

I am a novice and I recently bought a yeasu FT5D and I am trying to listen to specific frequency and I notice that some frequancies have 3 number after the decimal point and some have 4 I am not sure how to key in a frequency with 4 number after the decimal point help would be greatly appreciate.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
The ability to enter frequencies such as you describe will depend on the STEP size you have set. By default the radio is set to 25kHz since amateur radio still is wide band. You can change the step size to allow you to enter narrow band channels. This is done by pressing and holding the fMENU key for one second. From the screen that appears select CONFIG. Then scroll down to "18 Step". Touch the screen to select that option and the rotate the knob to select the desired step. Either 12.5kHz or 6,25kHz should do the trick. Then press PTT to exit the menu. Program the desired frequency. Reset the step as necessary. This will not change frequencies previously programmed.

emck

The ability to enter frequencies such as you describe will depend on the STEP size you have set. By default the radio is set to 25kHz since amateur radio still is wide band. You can change the step size to allow you to enter narrow band channels. This is done by pressing and holding the fMENU key for one second. From the screen that appears select CONFIG. Then scroll down to "18 Step". Touch the screen to select that option and the rotate the knob to select the desired step. Either 12.5kHz or 6,25kHz should do the trick. Then press PTT to exit the menu. Program the desired frequency. Reset the step as necessary. This will not change frequencies previously programmed.
Thanks so much for the help, it is really appreciated because as a novice this is not easy to learn.