Yet another Pro-2006 Modified!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

I could not help myself! A friend of mine asked me to replace an EL light for a friend of his who could not do it himself. That got me interested in tinkering and modifying again. So, after doing the El light for the guy, I pulled out my own Pro-2006 and started playing around. here is what I have done so far:
Pro-2006 Mods - YouTube
I use my 2006 mainly for civil and milair monitoring so narrow banding will never be an issue with this radio.
I plan on adding a signal strength meter jack in the back and a disc tap as well.
I know the 2006s are outdated in comparison to today's scanners, but for aircraft monitoring, this baby still kicks butt! LOL...

Manny

aprswatcher

Pro-2006 Mods

I modified my 2006 years ago using Bill Cheeks book on how to modify the 2006 which btw is one of the easiest and most modified scanner.
I added the s-meter and center frequency (using leds) as bar graph, a "hit" counter.
It is still in use today for monitoring mostly Mil-Air.

73, Rex

N1SQB

I modified my 2006 years ago using Bill Cheeks book on how to modify the 2006 which btw is one of the easiest and most modified scanner.
I added the s-meter and center frequency (using leds) as bar graph, a "hit" counter.
It is still in use today for monitoring mostly Mil-Air.

73, Rex
Holy Cow, a hit counter! Thats going wayyyy back! I was going to do one many moons ago just as RS stopped carrying the couning module Bill Cheek suggested using. I went the analog way with the meters both SS and center.
I have yet to find a scanner as flexible as the 2006 for Mil-Air. I want to do the squelch mod but those little tiny resistors underneath the main board are scary and my eyes are not what they used to be. LOL....

Manny

millerld3

I monitor aviation, amateur radio, railroad, and assorted others. I have a PRO-2005 and a PRO-2006. These radios still are hard to beat.

I modified the 2006 with the great Bill Cheek's analog signal strength and center tune mods. In 2011, I decided to try Bill's extended 64-memory block mod on the 2005; it now has a total of 25,600 channels. It was a fun project and it worked just as Bill said it would. I did have a "What have I just done?" moment after I removed the original memory chip. However, it worked out fine.

Because I'm a tinkerer, both radios also have Optoscan Lite boards running Probe software. I still use these radios on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.