Yet another Pro-96 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff168577

So I dropped my Pro-96 last evening about 2 1/2 feet to an asphault ground. I shut the scanner off, and it turned it back on. All the channels re-appeared, and but no audio. I removed the batteries, and turned the scanner back on, but now I have no screen, or obviously audio. Anyone have any idea's what the issue maybe. Thank you in advance for your replies.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
So I dropped my Pro-96 last evening about 2 1/2 feet to an asphault ground. I shut the scanner off, and it turned it back on. All the channels re-appeared, and but no audio. I removed the batteries, and turned the scanner back on, but now I have no screen, or obviously audio. Anyone have any idea's what the issue maybe. Thank you in advance for your replies.
Sounds like your in for a repair,Knocked some parts loose..There is a rubber contact pad behind the display that sits between the screen and main board..Probably knocked it outta place..As for no sound may have jarred the ex headphone jack loose..Or damaged the speaker (Unlikely)..

ff168577

Ok, I sent my scanner to the local radio repair show, and they are unable to find the issue or issue's. They are reporting it has power, but no screen, no audio, no function. Anyone have any other guess's on the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.