York Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorndike113

06/20/2019 1825EST
151.5575mhz
DMR
York Fire talking back to the Troop G Turnpike Dispatch for the Maine State Police.

Anyone else have any other information on this? They were working a car fire up on the highway when I heard them.
Below is the screenshot I took of the channel.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 31

KB1VLA

Maine Turnpike Authority uses a talkgroup on RCM's DMR trunk, which is patched to the 151.07/160.77 analog system. York FD was most likely talking on the 160.77 repeater to Turnpike HQ, and it was then being repeated on the DMR system.

Thorndike113

Maine Turnpike Authority uses a talkgroup on RCM's DMR trunk, which is patched to the 151.07/160.77 analog system. York FD was most likely talking on the 160.77 repeater to Turnpike HQ, and it was then being repeated on the DMR system.

Ok, I thought it might be something like that. I was surprised to hear them all the way up here in Thorndike. Thank you for the info. Ill have to keep that system in mind when I get a chance to program it up.

lonstri

Premium Subscriber
Most Fire departments in the Turnpike corridor have access to the primary maintenance channel, under an agreement, so they can communicate directly with the traffic management center in Portland. This allows mainstreaming of communication between troopers, Fire/Rescue and maintenance staff.

Thorndike113

Most Fire departments in the Turnpike corridor have access to the primary maintenance channel, under an agreement, so they can communicate directly with the traffic management center in Portland. This allows mainstreaming of communication between troopers, Fire/Rescue and maintenance staff.

I am really impressed with Maine when it comes to making this possible. I come from a state where the state police were put up on 800mhz sealed away on their own system and fire, EMS, and other agencies were all scattered about between 30mhz -1ghz and on all sorts of different systems and modes of operation, making interoperability a complete nightmare. Whoever is coordinating communication in Maine is doing a pretty good job. Im impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.