Your thoughts on mobile scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

You mentioned behavior which is indicative of drunk driving, so that explains getting pulled over. When you don't maintain your lane, that is probable cause. It can also indicate texting while driving these days. "Riding the center line" will attract attention.

SCPD

QRT
he wasn't in any form on a lane Skip marking Other then to switch lanes. I guess switching lanes one can jump to next without crossing a lane. This is where the strutting the line was used to initiate the stop Because it "took too long". None less it was was used as course to check for the main topic. If this was case why wasn't a breath test or other test done besides taking a license and reg right away then let go after he realized there was nothing but antennas and plane jane scanner and ham gear. As I said he wasn't riding a line he was strutting as they put it after changing lanes. I'm sure if he swerved fast into the lane leaving the skips quick they'd consider that wreck less or suspicious. The car was recognized and assumed to be some thing it wasnt. It's was obvious why the car was targeted it had antennas and one assumed hey it must have lights. Like i told him it has come to a point a camera safety system such as companies use would come in handy. As for video the camera was inoperable as they put it. So tell me someone isn't trying to hide a oops. I asked about this to see if others across have had any issues or similiar due to mobile scanning or ham equipment.

Last edited:

RadioPatriots

Most interesting part is how, naturally, you're a "terrorist" if you have a radio in your car (you know, those shadowy, largely fabricated boogeymen of terror that are supposed to be hiding under every rock and around every tree, but which we never see). Guess that makes them all terrorists, eh? You're also a terrorist if you defend the Constitution, if you're a good person, if you want to live your life in privacy, etc., etc. The list goes on. Just ask me for a copy of the DHS reports/circulars that have been handed out to tens of thousands of business regarding what constitutes "terrorist activity." - Better not pay in cash! That's potential terrorist activity! (no joke).

Your friend was a victim of those who are trying to paint everyone as terrorists/criminals. This is hardly an isolated incident. It happens everyday.

Their definition of terrorist = anyone who questions their program, etc.

SCPD

QRT
He lives in a smaller town upper new mexico. He hasn't been bothered after since meeting with a commanding officer. In my area it's normal for people to have antennas or ham gear very common. His area I guess not as he was told it isn't common for the area. He hasn't had problems since but I believe sadly you are correct radio patriots. What doesn't help is things such as in my area recently a whacker posed as law enforcment and then just prior a volunteer fire fighter was pulling speeding motorists over in a pov Because he didn't like people speeding past him. That vf one never made news but he was related to a higher end official so go figure why not. Luckily the EM coordinator kicked him out of any fire operations after.

Status
Not open for further replies.