EZ Scan ver 2.34.0.610 and Win 7 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2gbv

Forgive me if there is an existing post regarding this but after I had to migrate to a new computer, a Win7 Pro 64 bit machine, I am unable to run EZ-Scan. It gets stuck in Updating Scanlists box and EZ-Scan never launches. I previously used it on another Win 7 machine without incident. Anybody have any insight?

Ubbe

EZscan are a strange animal with some strange quirks. Try installing in another folder and do it as an administrator. You probably have to install in a standard harddrive and not a net server or USB stick or other non standard devices.

/Ubbe

BrianG61UK

In my experience it normally "just works" without doing anything special on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Have you tried disabling your antivirus/antwimalware software when you install and maybe even when you run it?

kc2gbv

Finally got around to making this work. The fix was to delete the files in the CDAT folder. If I connect to the scanner via USB I get message that the device is not recognized but am able to access the microSD card connected through the SD card port. After copying the configuration from the scanner I am able to open the Whistler interface program without incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.