EZ Scan error question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2gbv

I'm having issues running EZ Scan on my WIN 10 Pro laptop. I'm installing WS1080 EZ Scan ver 2.50.0.692. At end of installation it autoruns and hangs on Updating Scanlists and generates an Access Violation error in WS1080.exe. This is with or without scanner or SD card connected. It runs fine on my WIN 10 Home edition desktop. Anybody run into this and more importantly have a solution? Thanks in advance.EZ Scan Err0r.jpg

tvengr

Well Known Member
It appears to me that the configuration file may be corrupted. Was the program already on your computer and you updated the version or are you doing an installation from scratch? Make sure that the Archive File is saved for that configuration on your other computer. If you were updating the version, uninstall the old program first, then do the installation. ☞ Don't forget this... (whistlergroup.com) That way the program should come up without a configuration. If it boots OK, Restore Configuration from Archive using a different file and see if it loads OK, Then try restoring the configuration from the original archive and see if it crashes. If it does, the file is corrupted. If not, you are OK,

Last edited:

kc2gbv

I did install from scratch on new laptop. I have deleted the program and all the data files related to the WS 1080 and Whistler. I downloaded the current version from the Whistler website. Naturally I did the several times and got the same result. At this point the data from the scanner is immaterial as the microSD card in scanner is corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.