TriMet WES: New Frequency!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE7JFF

Took a trip on WES today with the scanner. I found out that the on-board crew uses AAR 103 aka 160.2975. Yes, thats one of the new narrowband railroad frequencies.

I'll submit to the DB.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
There are at least (5) detectors on the WES segment of the P&W, one talks on defects only.

MP 30.7 = Nimbus / Hall
MP 33.1 = Tigard (in the WP Yard)
MP 37.6 = south Tualatin
MP 39.0 = Tonquin (Talk on Defect Only)
MP 41.0 = Wilsonville

I wonder how long it will be until they turn some of them to talk on defect only ...

KE7JFF

There are at least (5) detectors on the WES segment of the P&W, one talks on defects only.

MP 30.7 = Nimbus / Hall
MP 33.1 = Tigard (in the WP Yard)
MP 37.6 = south Tualatin
MP 39.0 = Tonquin (Talk on Defect Only)
MP 41.0 = Wilsonville

I wonder how long it will be until they turn some of them to talk on defect only ...

Its hard to tell; they might leave them on to see if they annoy anyone. Those go out on AAR 21 for those who don't know.

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Took a trip on WES today with the scanner. I found out that the on-board crew uses AAR 103 aka 160.2975. Yes, thats one of the new narrowband railroad frequencies.

I'll submit to the DB.

Didn't see a submission, but I have added the frequency to the DB (so you don't need to submit now :))

I believe this is also the channel that is used at the wilsonville "yard".

KE7JFF

Didn't see a submission, but I have added the frequency to the DB (so you don't need to submit now :))

I believe this is also the channel that is used at the wilsonville "yard".

Yeah, I should stop going here with a beer in hand :)

This frequency required me to do some digging. I wouldn't have guessed P&W would jump over to narrow band this early. My original guess would of been P&W getting a talkgroup on WCCCA/CCOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.