RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 12:12 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default 700Mhz in the Pro-2096 - New tables??

I also see in Win96 you can put in 700Mhz freq's in the pro-2096. I put a control channel in the Houston area for a P-25 system and it picks up the channel, identifies the the system in the scanner screen, and you can see the talk goups in the screen also. It will not trunk though.. I am sure if we can come up with the new table for 700mhz channels, this scanner will work in the 700mhz band. It showed almost as much receive signal strength as the 800mhz P-25 control channel on another site.. Please reply...
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2009, 9:45 AM
Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdcomm View Post
I also see in Win96 you can put in 700Mhz freq's in the pro-2096. I put a control channel in the Houston area for a P-25 system and it picks up the channel, identifies the the system in the scanner screen, and you can see the talk goups in the screen also. It will not trunk though.. I am sure if we can come up with the new table for 700mhz channels, this scanner will work in the 700mhz band. It showed almost as much receive signal strength as the 800mhz P-25 control channel on another site.. Please reply...
764 MHz wil not trunktrack with 96/2096. Only Motorola or P25 800/900, VHF 150 or UHF 400/500.

The control channel will already decode a 762 MHz table if you run a free Pro96Com program on the current CC for your P25 system.
The table will be in a txt file in the tower folder. The file is called Tower.txt.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 AM

Talking How to do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumaag View Post
Sam,

Open up a new template in Win96 and then click on the "Channels" tab. Go to the box that says "MOT 3600 CC" and click on the "Multi table" radio button. Once you do that, you can click the "Extended Tables" button. That will open up a pop-up window that allows you to customize the table. Normally it show the current (old?) 800 band plan by default, but you can click any of the radio buttons and it will change to the standard (or default) plan for what ever you clicked on. (Be careful, remember to do this on a blank bank or else you might screw up what you have properly programmed.)

Hope that helps.
Hi..I did what you suggested. But do you just delete what is in the first two rows and type in the new info? I can't find anywhere to start a new row without deleting anything. How do you add a new row? Thanks..Keithmj
Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmj View Post
Hi..I did what you suggested. But do you just delete what is in the first two rows and type in the new info? I can't find anywhere to start a new row without deleting anything. How do you add a new row? Thanks..Keithmj
If you have a recent version of Win96 (the current version is 1.59), you don't need to enter anything. Just click on the "800 MHz Rebanded" item in the "Extended Trunking Tables" dialog box.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:07 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonS View Post
If you have a recent version of Win96 (the current version is 1.59), you don't need to enter anything. Just click on the "800 MHz Rebanded" item in the "Extended Trunking Tables" dialog box.

Hi Don..That took are of that..I didn't know a newer version was out..I was using 1.55..I learn something new everyday..

One last question..I did this for all banks..Also if I am correct I can not use any old P96 files I had saved in this scanner anymore due to the rebanding info is not in them? Also any new Templates I make I have to click on rebanded in the extended tables? Thanks..Cheers..Keithmj

Last edited by keithmj; 03-18-2009 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: Added a question
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2009, 10:30 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Does this mean that a premium subscription and download of win96 will allow me to download listed frequencies on this website to my pro96?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfinished66 View Post
Does this mean that a premium subscription and download of win96 will allow me to download listed frequencies on this website to my pro96?
yes,that is the purpose of the premium membership
Old 04-28-2009, 8:26 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

I can say conclusively that using Win96 and a PRO-96 on a Rebanded Legacy (3600 BPS CC) Motorola ASTRO system is simple, easy, and pain free.. Oh yeah, works like a charm! Have not tried to put it to work on a Rebanded EDACS yet to refind LCN's etc.... Will attempt that soon.
Support your local Scanologists!
Old 04-29-2009, 8:57 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Please post any further questions or comments regarding rebanding programming in this forum or your regional State forum. Thanks.
Please follow the forum rules and contact a moderator directly, not via a thread.
Sponsored links

Closed Thread