Freescan: freescan database read issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I noticed an issue with this. I am trying to download Long Island Rail Road and New York and Atlantic Railroad using freescan. Problem is that if the name used under Subcategory Menu is "operations", they are all the same entry with no way of knowing what rail road it is..

Is this a database issue or a Freescan issue?

Thanks

Attachments

• nys rail.JPG
    nys rail.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 660

PJH

Premium Subscriber
They are subcategories under a category heading.

Freescan needs to see that - and its ignoring it.

Its no different than loading a county that has several towns with subcategories of "fire" in them. All you would see is "fire - fire - fire"

It would need to see Anytown - Fire

Instead, its just seeing - Fire

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the screen shot, take the upper end - Nigaga division. Is that CSX, CP, NS or?

I don't use freescan, so I can't tell you if there is more to the selections or not, but that's the issue - not seeing the Main Category.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
So looking back up there - Freescan lists "Agency" (New York Railroads) which is correct. Each railroad is its own "Category" (CSX Transportation, et al) which is missing, and then the subcategory (ie: county agencies or the similar).

Basically they need to add a box or have it recognize the rest of the DB information. Its all in the API for the database which is publically available. I bet if you went into the federal listings you would have a similar issue.

Uniden and GRE properly sees these.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The only issue with New York Federal that jumps right out at me (half asleep now) is in pic number 3, New York City, it is listed twice in freescan. One belongs to Postal service, and the other belongs to Department of Veterans Affairs . Its not putting the sub catagory "New York City" under the proper heading. So in freescan you cant tell what either belongs to..

Look at the sub cats under "Department of Veterans Affairs"

As seen in the pics of freescan, it will properly display, Albany Stratton VA Medical Center, Buffalo VA Medical Center, Syracuse VA Medical Center and VA Hudson Valley Health Care System.

It will not properly display the New York City Va because it only says "New York City", not New York City Va XXX, like the other entries.....

Attachments

• fed5.JPG
    fed5.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 397
  • fed4.JPG
    fed4.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 449
  • fed3.JPG
    fed3.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 382
  • fed2.JPG
    fed2.JPG