HP-1: Bypassing range setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad8g

Feed Provider
So one of the systems I listen to is MARCS-IP. I like to hear surrounding counties. In my 396XT, I can just put whatever talkgroups I want in, and if the system transmits them, I get them.

In the HP-1, it seems like it's limited by the "range" option. Is there a way I can get around this? e.g., set up a list of channels/talkgroups I want to receive regardless of range? Some of the talkgroups are centered more than 30 miles from me, but since it's a simulcast system, I can hear them.

Thanks!

Voyager

Just set up Favorites Lists. The Range only affects how much is preloaded unless you specify a range for the FL. Solution: Don't set any coordinates for the FL and it will always be active.

ad8g

Feed Provider
So basically, to do things this way, the full database is kinda useless... I'm thinking I should get something like the butel software for this to manage the stuff the way I want to :)

Voyager

Or you can use Sentinel. Either way, the dB is not useless. You can use it to create your FLs.

ad8g

Feed Provider
Hah. I am actually using the stock antenna. I'd say it's about 90% successful. If I use anything better, my MARCS-IP reception gets worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.