1040 & 1065 question

FKimble

You seem to be hung up on it being a software/programing problem. As said prior. It's a classic example of a simulcast problem. To much receive with the external ant. Possibly an eprom memory bit weak. A simple memory reload may take care of that.

Frank

N5SRG

Premium Subscriber
No problem this time, just a question.
Being as SETRRS system in Beaumont, TX only, is a multicast site what is the best setting for this one site? such as att, narrow fm, agc, supertrack, and mutisite? Im a litle over or right at 30 mies from there and have little trouble getting a reliable signal. Other sites in the area come in fine. IE: Orange and Port Arthur areas.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
One other question: when they are locked onto a signal the second line shows a "D" followed by a "g" with the frequency to the right. Sometimes the "g" changes to "G". Doesn"t explain in the books. What's it mean?

Dg in the second character line means Digital AGC off. DG means Digital AGC on. I forget if you can set it per channel with the 1040.

N5SRG

Premium Subscriber
You seem to be hung up on it being a software/programing problem. As said prior. It's a classic example of a simulcast problem. To much receive with the external ant. Possibly an eprom memory bit weak. A simple memory reload may take care of that.

Frank
Did that, no help. It's just the simulcast site in Beaumont giving trouble. Sometimes it starts off fine, then gets garbled.

N5SRG

Premium Subscriber
Only with the Beaumont simulcast system. Port Arthur, Orange and Vidor sites even Sulphur and Vinton Louisiana come in great.
Beaumont is the only simulcast site in the entire tri county area of Jefferson, Orange, and Hardin counties.

N5SRG

Premium Subscriber
If you are having problems with both scanners, it is due to simulcast distortion. I see a SDS100 or SDS200 in your future.
If price comes down some. Although the 1040 worked while in Beaumont, also had my BCD325P2 and it worked better, clearer reception, than the 1040. Think part of reason have trouble at home is I'm about 20 plus miles from nearest bmt tower.

tvengr

Well Known Member
When working with 700 and 800 MHz frequencies, 20 miles can be quite a reach if you do not have a good outside antenna. For scanner mounted antennas, a Remtronix REM-800B for the 1040 and REM-830B for the 1065 will give you much higher gain on the 700 and 800 Mhz frequencies used by TxWARN than the stock antennas and will increase the range.