2011 Ford Transit Connect ((It Can Be Done!!!))

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6bki

It can be done on a 2011 Ford Transit Connect

Antennas (3) NMO Roof Mounted...all the wire's were ran under the headboard that I pulled down and then put back up...I did the Antennas on the Rails because the other ones are drainage and when it rains I don't want to risk water flowing into the Mounts.

When I install a few radios....etc instead of running a power cord for each one this is a 6 Block Power Block...each one is Fused and I only have to use 1 Power hookup directly to the battery instead of multiple wires.

FTM-350 UHF/VHF/220mhz (low power) Bolted with (4) bolts in the Overhead compartment/storage area of the Ford Transit....Its loud enough so that I don't need an external speaker.

The mount for the FTM head I acutally used a long screw with a self tightning washer/nut so that it would not come lose at all....(Security Feature) when I get out of the car to hang a hat on it....bammm....Radio out of sight to thief's. ....The Scanner is a 396T which the clip on the back clicks right into a Microphone Hand Mic Mount...( I had a zillion laying around) this way I can take the scanner out with ease to charge and not leave it open to getting stolen...

Hope you all Enjoy and 73's

Voyager

I did the Antennas on the Rails because the other ones are drainage and when it rains I don't want to risk water flowing into the Mounts.

If they are drains, where do they drain to? There are 'dams' in the rear and the front comes up to half the level of the rails in the front. I would call them troughs.

I agree with not wanting to mount antennas there, as the water will pool in them and sit or freeze, but they cannot be drains or gutters.

PACNWDude

Nice antenna install.

Like to see NMO mounts in use. I only punched holes in my Suburban and used lip mounts for my car. But its good to see a cleanly mounted antenna on the roof of a vehicle.

The radio control head looks good up high and I have done a similar type of thing with hats to cover up comms before too.

I have had friends get their gear stolen at trail heads in the past and being able to cover up the radio can keep your stuff intact. So that is a good thing to do.

Great install.

Status
Not open for further replies.