2015 - Kansas City Metro Area MARRS P25 Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortexf5

Has there been any word or rumors about the KC system going to P2? I'm thinking about getting a 396xt. Obviously, that would not be a good idea if P2 is in the near future.

Thanks!

Defibber

Ok, I am stumped. I have had 396XT programmed and running for about a year. I am trying to program a 996XT, with a different talkgroup set up. I can't pick up anything. I have been at it for a few hours. I have imported from Freescan and +BCTools without success. Any ideas? Thanks!

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the correct control channels and do you have the correct system type? P25 Standard.

Defibber

I downloaded it from this site through the import utility. So I am assuming it is correct, but we all know how that goes. i even tried entering the Control Channels into the APCO band plan (didn't think it would work, but I was trying anything).

Defibber

Ok, I got it working, I updated the firmware, still nothing really, occasionally I would get something. It was driving me crazy, then I adjusted the squelch, and it came to life. I changed to a different antenna, and it sounded better. I think the room with my computer may have been an issue.

Ok, now a different issue. After my hours of hard work, made a System/Group/TGID legend complete with instructions on how to enable/disable systems and groups, and even use a Tag#. I leave it at the Fire station for them to use, I came back up a couple hours later and it was turned off. Thought that was odd, so I turned it back on, it starts scanning the Marine channels, then public safety, ........ I couldn't get it back to how I had set it up. Any ideas? I am considering Key Safe, or System Protect? I would love for it to be when you shut it off, it goes back to the default programming that I entered.

Thanks!

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
All-

I've noticed quite a bit of activity on 34250 and 34270 the past couple of days while looking at the Pro96Com logs. Although I don't have those groups programmed yet, I suspect it's probably Grandview. Can anyone verify this?

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
34270 Grandview Fire/EMS 34250 Grandview Police Dispatch. i thought they were having some quite summer nights down there lately. Turns out they are joining MARRS.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
34270 Grandview Fire/EMS 34250 Grandview Police Dispatch. i thought they were having some quite summer nights down there lately. Turns out they are joining MARRS.

Good deal! Took them almost a year to get properly equipped for the digital switchover.

Are they using the Cass County tower, or another tower site?

KCMO Site (401) is where I saw them this morning. Wouldn't be surprise if they're also using the Cass site since they're so close.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Grandview PD on MARRS

Tnx for the Info.

It has been added to the DB

HH

Good deal! Took them almost a year to get properly equipped for the digital switchover.

KCMO Site (401) is where I saw them this morning. Wouldn't be surprise if they're also using the Cass site since they're so close.

tn0ttc

Pro-97 Setup?

Can anyone give me assistance in setting up a Radio Shack Pro-97 to pick up Grandview's new setup? I noticed they went quiet on the old trunked frequencies, but have no clue how to program for a KC talkgroup, and the manual is practically useless.

Redneck0410

As was explained in another thread, the Pro-97 is analog only. The system to which Grandview moved is digital, therefore, your scanner WILL NOT work for that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tn0ttc

I was afraid it might be too old. Guess I'm out of luck. Probably why it never picked up KC either.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom

JeffryWold

Premium Subscriber
Liberty Clay County

Does anyone have any information why I cant hear Clay County or Liberty channels. Its been working fine but within the last week I'm not hearing any traffic. I can hear Kansas City and Independence.

JeffryWold

Premium Subscriber
Does any one have information on any issues with being able to hear Clay County or Liberty dispatch. I'm able to hear Jackson county and Independence dispatch fine.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber

JeffryWold

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea why I cant hear them all of a sudden. Like I said they were working fine. I only monitor them pretty much Clay count and Liberty. I thought my Bearcat BCD996XT quit working so I went ahead and added East Jackson county and I can hear them fine but still no Clay County or Liberty.

Status
Not open for further replies.