drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
They had STATEW1 patched to MSU PD Main and E. Lansing PD Main. I was hearing all the traffic on STATEW1 off the Battle Creek tower.

p25man123

Premium Subscriber
That dispatcher did great. Solid as a rock!
I was surprised of how she did. I commend her for the effort she has put in ever since that first call went out and has worked constantly with the overtime she placed in to communicate and coordinate with the Officers and assisting in the 911 calls that came in as well.

CNN live talked to a student who referenced listening to a radio scanner on his phone. Said they were passing the link around. Interesting!
It came across in the police talking to central at one point. The officer said he was hearing some “chatter” and central said what kind of “chatter” they we’re concerned suspect may have a scanner and so they were asking if they could get an encrypted channel. Central said I can try…..then at one point I heard them asking for a 7 minute delay on scanner feeds….I don’t think they got either the encryption or the 7 minute delay. Also I don’t believe the suspect had a scanner because the call where they found him he would have heard the call come in…..suspect matching description walking along High street…..officer responded he was on his way another officer responded he was also going…..suspect didn’t hear that transmission for sure…..then 5 minutes later shots fired! Suspect has self inflicted gun shot…..ambulance on the way…..suspect has no pulse….suspect is unconscious….then they gave the command officers slow it down……slow it down….because central pretty much realized the situation was over and the gun man was dead.

I was surprised of how she did. I commend her for the effort she has put in ever since that first call went out and has worked constantly with the overtime she placed in to communicate and coordinate with the Officers and assisting in the 911 calls that came in as well.
The only potential issue I heard that was like what in the heck……there is a report police left patient on south side of the building. Police brought patient to location and left patient there…..(like what?) but report came back….no patient found…maybe a miscommunication….not really sure or maybe they did leave a patient on the south side of the building

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
It came across in the police talking to central at one point. The officer said he was hearing some “chatter” and central said what kind of “chatter” they we’re concerned suspect may have a scanner and so they were asking if they could get an encrypted channel. Central said I can try…..then at one point I heard them asking for a 7 minute delay on scanner feeds….I don’t think they got either the encryption or the 7 minute delay....
The feed *may* have increased delay during the incident. Maybe it's just me, but when I first turned on STATEW1 on the scanner, there was a delay of 30 seconds to 1 minute from the scanner to the app. I didn't stopwatch it, but by midnight the delay seemed longer, like maybe 2 - 2.5 minutes. Might have been my imagination, or how tired I was....

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
The only potential issue I heard that was like what in the heck……there is a report police left patient on south side of the building. Police brought patient to location and left patient there…..(like what?) but report came back….no patient found…maybe a miscommunication….not really sure or maybe they did leave a patient on the south side of the building
I heard that, too. Definitely one of those "WTF" moments. Had plenty of those over the last 40 years.😁😉
Chalk it up to "The Fog of War".

dmchalmers

WDIV has a story on how good the dispatcher was an a Go Fund Me in praise of but won't allow comments on how good she was doing her JOB.