Alpine NJ 146.955 MHz Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2JK

Premium Subscriber
Why should Rocky or any other licensed operator be restricted on a repeater, especially one they pay to use?
And if you're going to call someone a lid you should do it under your callsign, if you even have one.

SCPD

QRT
Exactly.And this thread has Derailed!

Why should Rocky or any other licensed operator be restricted on a repeater, especially one they pay to use?
And if you're going to call someone a lid you should do it under your callsign, if you even have one.

Exactly,thats exactly how I feel.I talk with a few people between 10-3 am and I seriously doubt I am bothering anyone,maybe giving some entertainment is all....For those who listen,Like Namcohr......He just likes to follow people around and be an old fuddy-duddy. If it wasnt me ,and I hung the microphone up,he would be following around someone else and complaining about them.Maybe he has a problem with himself.LOL! Oh by the way this thread is about the 146.955 repeater that I dont even talk on anymore so wheres the moderator?This thread has fallen way off subject. PS. Beleive me if I was on Simplex,this guy would be complaining.But I am using an HT.So my only ham outlet is repeaters until I move.

Last edited:

namhcor

Alpine 2m still has receiver issues. Sounds worse than ever. Alpine 70cm however sounds great with a very strong output. Any update on the status of the 2m machine?

SCPD

QRT

Yeah it works great I spoke to a mobile that got it way into Danbury Ct!
So yes the 146.955 is working just fine,if you have issues,it's your radio.
Up and running good.

SCPD

QRT
Yeah it works great I spoke to a mobile that got it way into Danbury Ct!
So yes the 146.955 is working range is terrfiic,I hear a little cracklin oat bran on the output of the repeater when its windy,but nothing to loose sleep about....

namhcor

Thanks for the update guys but the Alpine 70cm is much stronger on the output than the Alpine 2m and I am checking with multiple name brand radios and antenna systems, not junky Chinese throwaways.

SCPD

QRT
radio?

Thanks for the update guys but the Alpine 70cm is much stronger on the output than the Alpine 2m and I am checking with multiple name brand radios and antenna systems, not junky Chinese throwaways.

What radio do you like Yaesu,Kenwood,Motorola,Icom,Alinco?

namhcor

Certainly not Baofeng, TYT, Wouxun or Astinko. The Alpine 2m output is so bad that Charlie N1LU can't even hear the repeater until after he stops for his coffee on the Hutch.

CB1000

Maybe if more people donated to the repeater it would be fixed it takes money to keep the repeater

CB1000

Further up date on 146.955-power is down because of a bad antenna-will be addressed when weather changes-this came from club president-it is what it is better than shutting it down

Further up date on 146.955-power is down because of a bad antenna-will be addressed when weather changes-this came from club president-it is what it is better than shutting it down

If the VSWR is very high, even lower power levels may be enough to scorch the finger-stock and plunger assemblies in the duplexer. I've had that happen to me and had to have Telewave actually replace the assembly in one of the cans.

CB1000

I my self dont kwow the workings of a repeater just posted what pres said so to hear about yours

namhcor

Almost another month and still no improvements. Between the jammers, LIDs and lack of club action, no wonder myself and so many others have gone the DMR route.

CB1000

This is not the only repeater that gets jammed wy keep harping about 955 dd jams a lot of repeaters

As previously reported, the repeater's antenna has gone belly up. On 3/16, the club received a vendor quote for climbing their tower to replace same. Unfortunately, the job can't take place until sometime in May due to the availability of certain antenna components (back ordered until 4/19). Stay tuned.

namhcor

As previously reported, the repeater's antenna has gone belly up. On 3/16, the club received a vendor quote for climbing their tower to replace same. Unfortunately, the job can't take place until sometime in May due to the availability of certain antenna components (back ordered until 4/19). Stay tuned.

Thanks for the updating. Unfortunately because of the poor repeater performance of the Alpine 955, many of the LIDS gravitated over to the Alpine 442.700 machine, especially late at night. Artie should just go back to 11 meters where he belongs.

AC2OY

Thanks for the updating. Unfortunately because of the poor repeater performance of the Alpine 955, many of the LIDS gravitated over to the Alpine 442.700 machine, especially late at night. Artie should just go back to 11 meters where he belongs.

This is a joke right. I'm going to assume your kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.