Anyone interested in hosting an MBTA feed?

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
I am wondering if there's anyone in the Boston area who would be interested in hosting an MBTA radio feed. I tried to set it up in Sharon but as you can listen at http://mbtascanner.ddns.net/mbta.m3u the audio is only sometimes intelligible.

I can remotely manage it and provide the SDRs/antennas, and possibly a computer (but would like to have someone put Windows on it since I think Unitrunker may be better than dsd-fme which I am trying now).

As an alternative, if someone really wants, I could start recording Boston city services and other calls on either the CoMIRS or state police system's metro Boston site and upload them to OpenMHz.

As reference, I currently run the TriMet scanner, King County Metro Transit scanner, OpenMHz pdx2 system and OpenMHz osrppdxc system

Last edited:

cfacer

Premium Subscriber
Let's chat. I'm in Boston and trying to set something up already but having a heck of a time with both DSDPlus FL (2.448) and Unitrunker (2.1.106). My primary goal has been trying to listen to the MBTAGrn-Road channel but I'm a few weeks in and still struggling.

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
hi
just thought I'd mention, it might be worthe reaching out to the provider of the city of Boston feed on openmhz. They might be able to help.
They allready have MBTA transit police CH 1 and 2, unknown if they are planning on streaming any more MBTA talkgroups.
Hope that helps

ecps92

hi
just thought I'd mention, it might be worthe reaching out to the provider of the city of Boston feed on openmhz. They might be able to help.
They allready have MBTA transit police CH 1 and 2, unknown if they are planning on streaming any more MBTA talkgroups.
Hope that helps
Probably streaming the conventional PD not the TG's from the MSP/ComIRS