ARAPAHOE METCOM SITES

David628

Premium Subscriber

David628

Premium Subscriber
do you know if they hit Douglas simulcast ? cause I do get tone of those from up here

The Thorodin and Lookout sites are not connected to the Douglas South or North simulcast sites. You will hear the tones on Lookout and Thorodin along with many if not all of the SMF OPS channels. Most of the stations and units are within range of and affiliate with these two sites.

There are two simulcast sites. 1) Douglas North Simulcast State of Colorado DTRS Site: Douglas Co North Simulcast which seems to carry all of the SMF traffic from my experience. Douglas South Simulcast State of Colorado DTRS Site: Douglas Co South Simulcast is hit or miss just on the SMF dispatch TG and sometimes an OPS channel or two. I live in the south so I monitor the Douglas South Simulcast frequently. In the evenings I can sometimes get the Douglas North Simulcast on my G5 with 1 signal bar. I can't hear the Thorodin or Lookout from my location.

When I'm traveling back from Denver area to Colo Spgs I lose the Thorodin and Lookout sites right at about I25 and C470 on my G5. That's when I switch to the Douglas North Simulcast site. At I25 and the Larkspur area I switch to the Douglas South Simulcast site.

blackballs420

Premium Subscriber
My radio is almost always affiliated with DC North for the SMFR talkgroups but a lot of the time the Simulcast is stupid and stops letting me use it. The other sites it sends me to or Thorodin, Lookout, Admin, Chevron, and Squaw. I bet that a lot of our radios are operating on the Simulcast but a good amount will be on those other sites, especially the stations out on the far East and West ends of the district.