AT-868 Won't Update Firmware

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I was trying to update the firmware on my Anytone AT-868 and I keep getting an error message requesting me to check that the USB settings are correct. The radio programs fine, but it seems that whenever I run the update app, it won't connect to the radio.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I believe hold the two buttons below ptt while turning on the radio..
Oh, yeah. It only said "Are You Sure You Want To Initialize The Radio?" I saw this procedure in the instructions, but I am unsure as to when I'm supposed to do it. For a little more detail, the error message says, "Check Link. Check whether the current serial port settings are correct, retry or cancel?"

Last edited:

qwho

Oh, yeah. It only said "Are You Sure You Want To Initialize The Radio?" Am I supposed to do this while the radio is in "PC Mode"?
You should check the manual if you can. I am just going off of memory and I don't want you to mess something up. I'm kind of in the middle of something right now so I don't have the time to check... This may help

http://www.wouxun.us/category.php?category_id=90

dmaria

Premium Subscriber
Oh, yeah. It only said "Are You Sure You Want To Initialize The Radio?" I saw this procedure in the instructions, but I am unsure as to when I'm supposed to do it. For a little more detail, the error message says, "Check Link. Check whether the current serial port settings are correct, retry or cancel?"
Hold in the red button on top and the PTT while turning on the radio. The only indictation that you are in firmware update mode will be the red light blinking on top. Very clear instructions are included with the new firmware and software.