Atlanta 800 Mhz. system

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlittle

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious . . . on the Atlanta, Georgia 800 Mhz. system the (scanner) feeds for it are Zones 2, 5, and Fire / Rescue. My question is why aren't the other zones - particularly Zone 3 - included in the feed? My wife and I live in S.W. Atlanta (Zone 3) and I would like to know what's going on in our area, but I can't find our zone in any of the feeds.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious . . . on the Atlanta, Georgia 800 Mhz. system the (scanner) feeds for it are Zones 2, 5, and Fire / Rescue. My question is why aren't the other zones - particularly Zone 3 - included in the feed? My wife and I live in S.W. Atlanta (Zone 3) and I would like to know what's going on in our area, but I can't find our zone in any of the feeds.

Because there isn't a provider who wishes to provide a feed for Zone 3. If you own a scanner you could provide the feed.
Zone 3 would be an interesting feed given the high crime.

wlittle

Premium Subscriber
Atlanta 800 Mhz.system

Thanks for the information. I'm saving my pennies so that, hopefully, I can purchase a digital scanner in the not-to-distant future. If I'm using it to provide a Zone 3 feed here on Radio Reference, is that the only frequency I will be able to monitor?

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. I'm saving my pennies so that, hopefully, I can purchase a digital scanner in the not-to-distant future. If I'm using it to provide a Zone 3 feed here on Radio Reference, is that the only frequency I will be able to monitor?

No you will be able to monitor almost any talk group on the Atlanta system.

wlittle

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the clarification. East Point is also on the Atlanta APCO 25 system and I wanted to be able to monitor them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.