Band Plan for State of Delaware 800mhz Smartzone System

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Just simply to prove to myself that it cannot be done, I am going to try to program the State of Delaware 800mhz system in my Relm KNG P800 radio for non-affiliate scan. Chances are it will not track the system at all, even though I can get the audio in conventional mode. Either way, what's the 800mhz band plan used for this Motorola Type 2 system?

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
It absolutely, positively will not decode the 3600 SmartZone control channel no matter what band plan you setup. The only non-MSI radios that support 3600 trunking are some of the Kenwood and EFJ with the "P16" trunking option.
I don't think you can get a Kenwood to NAS they are locked down pretty tight. Also you can't scan trunked while on conventional with Kenwood. So would be impossible as far as I know. Interestingly the only products that can be used as not intended is their very own hardware.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
Just simply to prove to myself that it cannot be done, I am going to try to program the State of Delaware 800mhz system in my Relm KNG P800 radio for non-affiliate scan. Chances are it will not track the system at all, even though I can get the audio in conventional mode. Either way, what's the 800mhz band plan used for this Motorola Type 2 system?

Not going to happen with a BK radio on a Motorola type II system. If it was P25 that would be different.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yea I tried just for the heck of it, and yeah, no go. But it was fun trying. No loss. For now, I can pick up bits and pieces scanning the voice frequencies in conventional mode. We'll await the switchover to P25.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I don't think you can get a Kenwood to NAS they are locked down pretty tight. Also you can't scan trunked while on conventional with Kenwood. So would be impossible as far as I know. Interestingly the only products that can be used as not intended is their very own hardware.
To be clear, I never suggested that the Kenwood/EFJ would be capable of non-affiliate scanning, simply noting that with the proper entitlements they are capable of operating on 4.x systems. 🤷‍♂️

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
To be clear, I never suggested that the Kenwood/EFJ would be capable of non-affiliate scanning, simply noting that with the proper entitlements they are capable of operating on 4.x systems. 🤷‍♂️
No I was just thinking out loud about the original question, I assume the OP didn't know.