BCD325P2 strong frequrncy signal but no audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I see the top frequencies are unchecked. Those must be what the talkgroups go through. Didn't know that.
Yep, those are the site frequencies, so they need to be unlocked no matter what you are looking for on the system.

2020Alerts

Just start a new log when you're away from the scanner & pc.
What is my next move if nothing comes up? They stopped operations at 6pm. Will start back up in the mourning. I will leave it running until I go to work. Been running over 15 min and nothing so far.

2020Alerts

2020 I have no trouble picking up Paducah PD Mercy EMS Paducah Fire when in the area with my 325P2 996P2 436 536 SDS100 or SDS200
I do also, its just the pats talkgroup I really want. Even have the railroad and other talkgroups.

Attachments

• Paducah.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 0

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
What is my next move if nothing comes up? They stopped operations at 6pm. Will start back up in the mourning. I will leave it running until I go to work. Been running over 15 min and nothing so far.
Just listen to your normal list, if you want, this evening. Then, tomorrow morning, switch to the modified, ID Search list & leave it running connector to your PC with ProScan also running.

If you still do not get anything, try that conventional channel I linked earlier. If still nothing, then they may have switched to one of the other systems listed for your county. You'd set them up, one at a time, to run ID Search & see what you can spot.

This one has zero talkgroups listed, so either it is no longer on the air, or nobody has tried listening to it to see what it is carrying.

This one shows to have the taxis, but if you don't find the buses anywhere else, I'd try it as well.

2020Alerts

I went ahead and added the taxi site frequencies and talksgroups. searching now. if nothing comes up I'll try the starrhills later

Just listen to your normal list, if you want, this evening. Then, tomorrow morning, switch to the modified, ID Search list & leave it running connector to your PC with ProScan also running.

If you still do not get anything, try that conventional channel I linked earlier. If still nothing, then they may have switched to one of the other systems listed for your county. You'd set them up, one at a time, to run ID Search & see what you can spot.

This one has zero talkgroups listed, so either it is no longer on the air, or nobody has tried listening to it to see what it is carrying.

This one shows to have the taxis, but if you don't find the buses anywhere else, I'd try it as well.

Attachments

• Paducah bus 3.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 2

2020Alerts

They would be chatting away right now and I'm getting nothing. I tried all 3. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• Desktop 3-5-2020 6-16-29 AM-266.png
    Desktop 3-5-2020 6-16-29 AM-266.png
    387.2 KB · Views: 12

2020Alerts

So glad I am up to see your reply. To be honest you're speaking another language. How would I use that information in proscan software? Until you reply I will id search freedom towers.

tvengr

Well Known Member
To receive the MOTOTRBO system, you would have to purchase the DMR upgrade for the BCD325P2 if you do not have it. The upgrade already resides in the firmware. You would go to my.uniden.com, supply the proper information to register the scanner, and then purchase the key to enter into your scanner to enable the upgrade.

2020Alerts

Oh, so once I make the purchase it would show up in the radio reference import? Or do I have to manually input the data? Doing that now in making a new tree. figuring it out in proscan by tinkering.

To receive the MOTOTRBO system, you would have to purchase the DMR upgrade for the BCD325P2 if you do not have it. The upgrade already resides in the firmware. You would go to my.uniden.com, supply the proper information to register the scanner, and then purchase the key to enter into your scanner to enable the upgrade.

2020Alerts

This is just great news. Finally a path to resolving this issue. The WS1040 I had doesn't have MotoTRBO but the uniden does. I suspected it was a key purchase. Was thinking provoice but learned it's already being phased out and dmr is popular for the moment. Going to buy a key now. Thanks for all the feedback in trouble shooting.

2020Alerts

Ok, so this is what I create. I did the upgrade and it went smooth.
All I hear is maintenance or something. No bus drivers yet but I am searching those 3 site frequencies. Here is the file I created.

PAT is now using the Freedom Towers MotoTRBO trunked system WNYY415.
463.2250 LCN 1, 461.5250 LCN 2, 460.6750 LCN 3. Color Code 12
TG`s 205 and 206

Attachments

• Freedom towers.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 3

2020Alerts

I did some more tweaking on figuring out the proper format. With the information, I was given all I have is a dump truck business picking and dumping loads. Old timer Johnny is funny. No bus operations. The tgid's coming back from the drivers is 205, 218 and 221. 221 might be a taxi service but its not Pats. I thought about inputting all of the freedom tower frequencies so I could scan them but I don't know if the lcn makes a difference or not. The updated version of freedom tower tree.

Attachments

• Desktop 3-6-2020 10-40-09 AM-884.png
    Desktop 3-6-2020 10-40-09 AM-884.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Freedom towers.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 6

2020Alerts

I finally figured it out no need to look at the tree I made. I used the site freq you had and found only one was needed. Both taxi and bus are fed through it. I would've never figured out this issue on my own. Had a hunch I had to buy a key but I didn't know what to do with if I did. Just glad a month if aggravation is over with. Once I heard a bus drivers voice I knew I found what I was looking for. Thanks for the input.

I will look at it tomorrow on the road today and tonight

Attachments

• Desktop 3-6-2020 5-02-29 PM-789.png
    Desktop 3-6-2020 5-02-29 PM-789.png
    672.4 KB · Views: 7

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I finally figured it out no need to look at the tree I made. I used the site freq you had and found only one was needed. Both taxi and bus are fed through it. I would've never figured out this issue on my own. Had a hunch I had to buy a key but I didn't know what to do with if I did. Just glad a month if aggravation is over with. Once I heard a bus drivers voice I knew I found what I was looking for. Thanks for the input.
Glad it worked out for you. Since that were not using any of the systems listed for your area, it's no longer a puzzxle as to where they went. The Freedom Towers system is not listed in the database page for trunked systems in your state. If you can get more of the details for the system (frequencies, talkgroups, LCN'x, etc), please submit them to the database for future reference. Also, submit a correction that the transit agency is no longer using the Paducah Public Safety system.

2020Alerts

I just noticed I haven't completely figured it out yet. I noticed I hear the pats taxi service between dispatch and drivers, but I only hear the yellow line driver and dispatch. I never hear dispatch and the other 3 bus lines. Looks like I have more work to do. As for the lcn I used the one given by budd for the only active frequency. I have no idea if you have to have the correct wording to make this work. I used my own. Here is my tree so far.

Glad it worked out for you. Since that were not using any of the systems listed for your area, it's no longer a puzzxle as to where they went. The Freedom Towers system is not listed in the database page for trunked systems in your state. If you can get more of the details for the system (frequencies, talkgroups, LCN'x, etc), please submit them to the database for future reference. Also, submit a correction that the transit agency is no longer using the Paducah Public Safety system.

Attachments

• Freedom towers.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.