BCD396T and BCD996T Updates are Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
What file are you selecting when prompted to select the scanner firmware file?

What happens when you select that file? Any error messages?

donjk42

its the bc_vup file im trying to get on my scannner,was told this is the first update to download on scaner,i erased ecerything all the files and going to try again,never seen no error message

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
BC_VUP is used to put a firmware update on your scanner. BC_VUP is not the update. When you run BC_VUP and are prompted for a file, you need to select the firmware update file you downloaded and unzipped for your scanner. After being unzipped, that file ends with ".scn".

donjk42

bcd996t

Hey excellent,thanks ,i new to these digital scanners,appreciate it ty again

donjk42

Bcd996T

Well this is getting more intresting as i go along,finally got all my updates here now i want to download MTS fleetnet,pulled up page on here how do i download it,

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Well this is getting more intresting as i go along,finally got all my updates here now i want to download MTS fleetnet,pulled up page on here how do i download it,
Please start a thread in the software forum for that. Your comment has nothing to do with this thread.

patrolman123

Premium Subscriber
Having a hard time w/ 396 update

Ok guys and girls I am having an extremely hard time updateing my 396. Two days and many many hours of endless frustration. I have read Upmans comments at the beginning of this thread and while they seem pretty much self explanatory I don;t understand why I am having a difficult time. When I try to download the BCD396T_ESN_Loader_V1_20_13.zip it ends up with giving me a Real Player window. Then from there it says something about needing more information and then it says something lik it can't find the information needed. I've called Uniden and they say it's something with my computer. Thats as far as they could help me now I turn to you guys for help. Can anyone give me some concrete advice on how to get my scanner updated.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Your computer is VERY messed up. Right-click on the file then SAVE AS. After it's done, open up your unzip application and load that file it to unzip.

patrolman

still having trouble

Tried to unzip the file and still having a problem. I need some serious help

grodgers

You need computer help, not UNIDEN firmware help. It sounds like your file associations are incorrect. You can look at them by opening "My Computer", selecting TOOLS from the menu, selecting Folder Options, then selecting the FILE TYPES tab.

If you don't know how to fix it, I suggest you find someone local to you who can come help you with your computer issues.

patrolman

I got it

After many hours of trial and error I finally pulled it off. Thanks to anyone that replied.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
For those who are unawares, the 2.90.01 is an open beta update that was provided to those people who had provided feedback on the Unidenflash group on v2.00.06/07 and 2.01.01 beta. These improvements will be applied in the next public release.

garikfox

Sorry about that.... .. .. :)

Anyone notice the >Srch/Clo Call Opt/ "Repeater Find" option ? Was that there before ? It's currently set to off. Hmmmm.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.