BCD396XT and Garmin Map 330

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwilson706

Premium Subscriber
New to scanning, thought I'd share my first experiences thus far... I'm using FreeScan to program and even dug out my old Garmin Map 330 which was awesome this weekend on our trip to our Nation's Capital. I considered purchasing the gps puck but thought I'd locate old faithful and give it a try. After playing with the baud rates and some datum settings on the 330 I was locking and unlocking channels like a champ. I uploaded just about every conventional and trunked system from South Carolina to D.C.. Did the tourist thing with the family while listening in on metro and rail traffic, etc. on the S/N lawn of the WH (not sure which lawn faces the Wash. Monument). I love this thing, well made and fairly easy to operate if you invest the time. I've had this puppy for a little over two weeks now and my only problem is now I need one for the truck & wife. I foresee a 996 and Home Patrol in our future...

Thanks RadioReference for all the help, it's amazing what you can learn on these forums!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Great story. I wonder how many eye's were watching while you were monitoring on the lawn? :cool:

mrwilson706

Premium Subscriber
I know, right?...I had it in a Maxpedition versa pack with my ipod ear buds. The versa pack doubles as a diaper bag which concealed/broke up the antenna pretty well. This was the first road trip in a long time that we weren't able to conceal carry, so I removed my velcro holster and the 396xt fit nicely in the handgun pocket of the pack.

mrwilson706

Premium Subscriber
opps, title should read Magellan map 330

Sorry, my brain housing group doesn't hold data like it use to...old faithful is made by Magellan!

Status
Not open for further replies.