BCD436HP Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
A couple of mins of digital radio audio on the BCD436HP:
Uniden BCD436HP sample audio - YouTube

System being monitored is the City of Durham, NC Motorola 4.1 Simulcast System.
If I get some time this afternoon I will try to record a few more videos
showing audio quality.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Wow, that sounded GREAT! I think I heard a couple of digital hiccups on there but even so it was barely noticeable and the audio was overall very solid. If it works that well here in Phoenix also, then I'm going to be very, VERY happy with this radio. :)

Thanks for sharing, Marshall!

-AZ

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I am going to see if I can setup a FL with just a couple of digital voice testing
talkgroups we have on our system and try to record some video of the audio on those.
Might be later this afternoon before I can get another video online.
Marshall KE4ZNR

wise871

Database Admin
Marshall
From the looks of your video, unlike the 536, the 436 will show which site is being used during a transmission. I take it is due to the larger screen size. In your video you were on the Primary Site, but if it was a multisite system I'm figuring the same thing would be displayed.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I had someone PM me asking for a video showing the Alert LED in action so here it is:
Uniden BCD436HP Alert feature. - YouTube

In this video the Alert LED is NOT tied to the talkgroup but to my Radio ID.
That's right: In the BCD436HP/BCD536HP Alerts can be tied to both TGIDs and RIDs.
More videos later.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Thank you Marshall for the videos, I look forward to more in the future.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the videos! Will someone please explain how you can tell what site is being used on the 436 in the video?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
In the last video, right above the words "RADIO SHOP TESTING", you'll see in smaller text "Primary" - that's the site name.

edogrady

Premium Subscriber
This was just posted on the HamStation website

BCD436HP Will SHIP first of next week

That's all there is but that was updated in the last hour or so and it's great news.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
In the last video, right above the words "RADIO SHOP TESTING", you'll see in smaller text "Primary" - that's the site name.

Yep. We never gave our prime site a fancy name.
Sys admin just called it "Primary".
I have always told him he should rename it to "WOPR" and see how long it takes
someone to notice :D:twisted:
Marshall KE4ZNR

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Sorry the focus was off for a few secs there. Hard to hold the phone with one hand and deal with the scanner with the other hand.

Don't you have a shop assistant to take pics? ;)

Now you're getting ME excited. Even though once it ships from my retailer in TX it'll probably still be 2 weeks for me, knowing Canada Customs' sloth-like processing time.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Wow, that sounded GREAT! I think I heard a couple of digital hiccups on there but even so it was barely noticeable and the audio was overall very solid. If it works that well here in Phoenix also, then I'm going to be very, VERY happy with this radio. :)

Thanks for sharing, Marshall!

-AZ

Keep in mind this isn't a LSM site.

I'm not saying LSM won't/doesn't sound better on the x36-series radios, but radios prior to them didn't have issues with non-LSM simulcast sites.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Keep in mind this isn't a LSM site.

I'm not saying LSM won't/doesn't sound better on the x36-series radios, but radios prior to them didn't have issues with non-LSM simulcast sites.

Bah, you're right. We have a SmartZone system like that out here too for the County and every digital scanner released to date has worked flawlessly on it. I got all excited thinking that was a LSM system - should have clicked the link to see the details I guess. :)

Hopefully I'll get to see one in action on our LSM system here soon - someone local is getting their radio soon and has offered to let me have a sneak peek before mine arrives. He might even be willing to let me bring a camera and record a video of it for you guys - I asked and am awaiting a reply. I'll keep the group posted.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.